Re: When will we get the Moto X OTA update?
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

I think even Rogers is rolling out now. So Vzw could potentially be last in customer service in all of North America at this point.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We absolutely want your awesome phone to work so you can enjoy our wireless network, FamilyOFair What phone troubles are you experiencing? Is there a certain zipcode you're having trouble in? Your patience is appreciated while we work with Motorola on the next update, but we are still here to help with anything possible in the meantime. 

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

Jennifer, I think they are referring to the issue that callers cannot hear us on the other end. This is a software issue on the Moto X. They all have it. This and the camera update are the two reasons you see all of your customers upset in this forum.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

Its a known issue that has been addressed in the Moto X update which has been released by every other US carrier.

"Calling – Improved Voice QualityFixed an issue that could sometimes result in choppy audio being heard by the person you’re talking with on your Moto X"

This is a MAINTENANCE update VZW fails to even acknowledge.

0 Likes
Samus
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unreal...  I have already returned 2 moto x phones due to audio clipping which is fixed with this update.  I know many care about the camera update but being able to use the phone as a phone is much more important to me.  There is NO reason that this update should be prolonged!  I'm not sure what you guys are doing over there VZW, but you're making many people angry with your ridiculously slow update process. FIX IT!

Did the VZW reply from Jennifer disappear?

0 Likes
wdmark
Enthusiast - Level 2

I commented earlier (as many have) on the non-responses from Verizon on when the update will happen. I'm even more amazed, that this thread is now approaching 4000 views, so the posters aren't the only ones concerned. Let alone the presumably larger number Verizon customers who bought or are still being sold a Moto X.  Motorola was concerned enough with its customers to produce the update and other carriers must have been concerned enough that they have followed through and released it.

To date we've had 3 separate Verizon rep's polite, but useless responses.

So, my real customer satisfaction/service question is, why can't Verizon assign one empowered person (customer service rep or otherwise), to take ownership of the issue in this thread?  That person could be an advocate for the solution and provide useful information on what the true holdup is, what is being done and whether or when it will end. 

Seems Verizon could save some money on all the returns/ unhappy or departing customers that must be happening for those not aware that the phones being shipped even now are subject to this fail and improve the larger reputation on updates that crosses all Android phones on the network.   In my book, its not reasonable for a customer to expect that problems will never occur, but customer satisfaction comes when the customer can count on the supplier to resolve the real problems that do arise.   So far that hasn't happened here, or, from personal experience and anecdotally  with other Android or manufacturer updates.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

wdmark wrote:

I commented earlier (as many have) on the non-responses from Verizon on when the update will happen. I'm even more amazed, that this thread is now approaching 4000 views, so the posters aren't the only ones concerned. Actually, there is no way to determine if what you state here is true or not. I am one who occasionally looks at this thread who is NOT concerned.

Let alone the presumably larger number Verizon customers who bought or are still being sold a Moto X.  Motorola was concerned enough with its customers to produce the update and other carriers must have been concerned enough that they have followed through and released it.

So, my real customer satisfaction/service question is, why can't Verizon assign one empowered person (customer service rep or otherwise), to take ownership of the issue in this thread?  That person could be an advocate for the solution and provide useful information on what the true holdup is, what is being done and whether or when it will end.  Except Verizon has NEVER provided information about updates in progress and/or what work is being done and when it will end UNTIL it is within a few days of release. I see no reason to believe they will change this policy.

Seems Verizon could save some money on all the returns/ unhappy or departing customers that must be happening for those not aware that the phones being shipped even now are subject to this fail and improve the larger reputation on updates that crosses all Android phones on the network.   In my book, its not reasonable for a customer to expect that problems will never occur, but customer satisfaction comes when the customer can count on the supplier to resolve the real problems that do arise.   So far that hasn't happened here, or, from personal experience and anecdotally  with other Android or manufacturer updates.

0 Likes
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

wdmark wrote:

I commented earlier (as many have) on the non-responses from Verizon on when the update will happen. I'm even more amazed, that this thread is now approaching 4000 views, so the posters aren't the only ones concerned. Let alone the presumably larger number Verizon customers who bought or are still being sold a Moto X.  Motorola was concerned enough with its customers to produce the update and other carriers must have been concerned enough that they have followed through and released it.

So, my real customer satisfaction/service question is, why can't Verizon assign one empowered person (customer service rep or otherwise), to take ownership of the issue in this thread?  That person could be an advocate for the solution and provide useful information on what the true holdup is, what is being done and whether or when it will end. 

This is the best thing I have ever read regarding this issue. Thanks you.

0 Likes
rader023
Contributor - Level 1

rcschnoor wrote:

wdmark wrote:

I commented earlier (as many have) on the non-responses from Verizon on when the update will happen. I'm even more amazed, that this thread is now approaching 4000 views, so the posters aren't the only ones concerned. Actually, there is no way to determine if what you state here is true or not. I am one who occasionally looks at this thread who is NOT concerned.

Let alone the presumably larger number Verizon customers who bought or are still being sold a Moto X.  Motorola was concerned enough with its customers to produce the update and other carriers must have been concerned enough that they have followed through and released it.

So, my real customer satisfaction/service question is, why can't Verizon assign one empowered person (customer service rep or otherwise), to take ownership of the issue in this thread?  That person could be an advocate for the solution and provide useful information on what the true holdup is, what is being done and whether or when it will end.  Except Verizon has NEVER provided information about updates in progress and/or what work is being done and when it will end UNTIL it is within a few days of release. I see no reason to believe they will change this policy.

For your first statement: While this is true, 4000 people care enough about the update to click on the link to find out about it. Anyone who goes on Motorola's support page, or Motorola's VP's Google plus page will clearly see this is the most requested item of all Moto X issues.

Second statement: You answered his concern about Verizon's responses by saying that Verizon doesn't respond. Which isn't that the problem in the first place? The fact that they don't comment shows how bad they are at customer service and updates. Thanks for admitting this fact. They should let us know that they are aware of the issue and are working on it. Motorola has done that. Verizon is either a) Too STUPID to know the issues with their own phones, or b) doesn't care. I guess item B.

0 Likes
Hanoverfiste
Contributor - Level 1

It's obvious VZW just doesn't care.

0 Likes