Re: Where is Android 6.0 for Turbo 2?
rtawy80
Enthusiast - Level 1

It still ain't here it's now five days later. I'm about over Verizon

rbird2
Enthusiast - Level 3

A few posts back I asked for an official statement from Verizon ASAP on the status of the Marshmallow update for the Verizon Droid Turbo 2.

So far no no from Verizon has replied. Why have Verizon Forums if you can not get a answer from Verizon?

This is not good customer service. Verizon support where are you?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Verizon Wireless Community forum is primarily a peer to peer customer forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. The one rep that did reply to this thread gave the only answer they are allowed to give.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
UJZ100
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am finding the same thing. It is completely ridiculous that they are ignoring me on Twitter.

POOR customer service 101: Ignore the customer, they will eventually go away.

There are a BUNCH of upset DT2 owners that want an official answer and we just get silence after months of delays.

0 Likes
UJZ100
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/32291/20160208/motorola-droid-turbo-2-android-6-0-marshmallow-u...

Looks like we can either wait an unspecified account of time or do it ourselves.

If any of you have Twitter start tweeting @VZWSUPPORT and ask for a timeline. They stopped responding again today when pressed for details.

They won't know how serious we are until we are heard.

0 Likes
rbird2
Enthusiast - Level 3

The lawyerherald.com  link is wrong.

You can not upload this software with the locked Verizon bootloader. This will only work on a Motorola XForce with a unlocked bootloader.

0 Likes
Owlette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I asked about the update for DT2 on the Verizon Facebook page, and here is the reply I got. I don't think the rep made the reply public:

We know how important it is to want and have the latest software version for your phone. Software updates are released in waves, so everyone does not receive them at the same time. Typically you can expect to receive the update within 3-4 weeks of the release and you can manually update from the phone's settings after 10 days of the software's release date. Your phone will automatically notify you when the update is ready or you can check the software update option periodically from your phone.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

And this has always been the case.

0 Likes
rbird2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Then this is really poor customer service!

In the past, (Example Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 phone) I have never had to wait this long for a update. Updates were always available using a OTA manual update (not 10 days later) or via the Software Upgrade Assistance (SUA) on the release date.

Come on Verizon, get your act together. You are only upsetting your customers with this I don't care attitude.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Facepalm.....

0 Likes