Why Am I Unable To Transfer My Music To My New Device?
guero80241

I recently upgraded to a Droid Z phone. When I attempt to sync with Windows Media Player and download or transfer music to my new phone it will not transfer all of the music I have selected. I have purchased a new cable USB-A to USB-C, but to no avail. Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am unable to transfer all my music to my new Droid
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you following the steps in this link to copy the files?

Move Music Files to Device - Moto Z Droid Edition / Force | Verizon Wireless

Could it be that the files are copied to the phone, but aren't visible by the music player?  If any of the music files are .wma files, they aren't supported natively; you'll need to use a music player app that supports those files, like:

Poweramp Music Player (Trial) - Android Apps on Google Play

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you following the steps in this link to copy the files?

Move Music Files to Device - Moto Z Droid Edition / Force | Verizon Wireless

Could it be that the files are copied to the phone, but aren't visible by the music player?  If any of the music files are .wma files, they aren't supported natively; you'll need to use a music player app that supports those files, like:

Poweramp Music Player (Trial) - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
guero80241

I did not have this problem with Google Play Music on my previous phone (Droid Maxx). Is this a recent development?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Droid Maxx doesn't support .wma files, either.

Have you verified that the files that aren't transferring are .mp3 files?  Are you receiving any kind of error message?

0 Likes
guero80241

Every song that I downloaded from my computer to the Droid Maxx was recognized by Google Play Music. I did not check to see if they were mp3 or wma files, because it wasn't a problem downloading songs.

I do not receive any error messages when I sync. Windows Media player completes the sync and when I click on the link to verify that the songs have been transferred it tells me that all of the songs are on the phone. When I go to Google Music Play and look in the library not all of the songs are in the list.

When I look at the storage app on the phone I can find all of the songs on the phone, but when I click a song that Google Play Music did not see, it says that it cannot open the file or that it cannot play the track I requested.

0 Likes
guero80241

BTW, I have downloaded Poweramp and I am able to see and play all of the music I have downloaded to the phone.

0 Likes