Why can't I complete the set up for my visual voice mail?
Gaylenwolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every time I tap the voicemail icon on my droid turbo it says setting up visual voicemail please wait. But but nothing ever happens. The wheel just spins.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual voicemail on droid turbo won't set up
Icpfan1999
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK. I believe I did force stop for voicemail under the apps menu in settings. Then I think I did clear data and then clear cache before rebooting the phone and when the phone came back up, it set up in like 2 minutes.  If this doesn't work, try flipping the last two steps around.

I hope that helps.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gaylenwolf,

The ability to access voicemail and the option for people to leave messages is vital. Have you had access to it in the past? Are people able to leave voicemails? When did it start acting up?
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Gaylenwolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem started about 3 weeks ago when I got the new phone. People can leave messages and I can access them using star 8 6. But there's no sign that i have a voicemail. I've gone for days without realizing that I have a voicemail. And when I press the voicemail icon it just says to please wait while it sets up visual voicemail but nothing ever happens.

Gaylenwolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually this time I did get a small icon in the top menu indicating I had a voicemail but when I pressed on it it just went to the thing that says setting up visual voicemail and again nothing ever really happens. Eventually I get a message that says Google Play has stopped working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gaylenwolf,

That information is very helpful and gets us closer to a resolution. We can try a few things, but it may be an issue with account provisioning. Let's try to clear the cache and data for the voicemail app, google play services, and google +.
DerekR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Icpfan1999
Enthusiast - Level 1

HI,

i just got the droid turbo 2 yesterday and am having the exact same problem with visual voicemail. I tried clearing the cache like you suggested but that didn't help.  It has been trying to set up voicemail for hours.  I can call *86 and access it but have no way to know if I have voicemails without calling that repeatedly. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Icpfan1999,

Congrats on your new Turbo 2! How exciting. Let's work together here to get your voicemail app up and running so you may  fully enjoy that device. I would like to ensure your line is set up correctly for the voicemail feature. I went ahead and sent a private message to you so I may get some info from you.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lutopia
Enthusiast - Level 1

I as well recently purchased a Motorola droid turbo and am experiencing the same issues with voice mail. I am able to call *86 and listen to them the old fashion way. But as soon as I hang up I receive a pop up box that tells me to finish setting up visual voicemail. I tap on the red app that says voice mail and it opens saying "setting up visual voice mail please wait....." But nothing happens. I have tried on 4g as well as WiFi but no response. I've searched for voice mail on my settings but nothing found, keeps talking me to moto voice. Please and thank you for any help in this matter. Lutopia

Gaylenwolf
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK. How do I clear this stuff?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gaylenwolf, lets get your voicemail app up and running and avoid missing any future voicemails. Before we jump into troubleshooting, I want to obtain some additional information. Are you unable to set up the Visual Voicemail app anywhere you go with the phone? Are you connected to the cellular data or Wi-Fi when trying to set up Visual Voicemail? Have we also reviewed your account to ensure the correct Visual Voicemail feature has been added?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes