Why don't I receive voicemail notifications when switching devices?
drewm8

I have both an iphone 5 and a Moto X (2013) that I switch between every few weeks, and I'm having a really annoying problem with my voicemails. On iOS, voicemails automatically show up as visual voicemails in the voicemail tab, but when I switch back to Android, I don't get the notification in the notification bar telling me I have a new voicemail. If I call into the voicemail number, I can retrieve it, but I have no way of knowing it was there in the first place. I tried following the instructions in this old support thread (Can't get rid of visual voicemail prompt and have no voicemail notifications), but my voicemail prompts don't match the guide for Arizona (http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/VM_2.pdf).

My menu:

Personal Options(4)

Change password (1)

Personal greetings (3)

Change Language (5)

Exit (*)

I don't have the option to turn on/off notifications. Help!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Not receiving voicemail notifications
Snn5
Legend

Problems shouldn't arise from switching the SIM cards, BUT when you switch from the Apple voicemail to the standard voicemail used with Android, you run into issues.  The systems are different with each using different servers.  You may need to re-set up Visual VM for Android.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Problems shouldn't arise from switching the SIM cards, BUT when you switch from the Apple voicemail to the standard voicemail used with Android, you run into issues.  The systems are different with each using different servers.  You may need to re-set up Visual VM for Android.

0 Likes
drewm8

But I don't want visual voice mail, I just want the basic one. Will re-setting up the visual VM on the android phone, and then disabling the visual do what I want?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you use visual on Apple, why wouldn't you do the same on Android?  What I am saying is that the process of switching between the 2 systems is not seamless.  You may have to reset up basic VM as well.

0 Likes
drewm8

Normal VM has more options than visual. If I had the choice, I would disable visual on my iPhone, but for unknown reasons Apple doesn't allow that. I just spoke with support, and they fixed the issue. They said the voicemail inbox was still pointing at my iPhone, and switched it over to my Moto X. Apparently the transition is supposed to be seamless, but sometimes it just doesn't transfer correctly.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, and when you switch back, it will happen again.  Everytime.

0 Likes