Why won't my screen rotate?
ghettorunner89

I noticed the other day when browsing the internet I'm unable to rotate the screen. I checked in settings and the auto rotate is checked off so it should be working. Any one have an idea as to what's going on?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: unable to rotate screen
Tidbits
Legend

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.androgames.level

Download this app and put the phone flat. It should show a circle with a bubble in it. Then try tilting it into each quandrant. If you can't then it's a by gyroscope and needs a warranty exchange.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does this happen with all websites or only one?  I noticed my photos were not rotating (on my Turbo) recently; once I went into the device settings, I saw that auto-rotate was unchecked (have no idea how that happened!) 

If yours is checked, maybe try restarting the phone?  If it's only one website, it might be the way that particular site is coded.

0 Likes
ghettorunner89

No it's not just a website. Some mobile games I can't rotate, my camera I can't switch to portrait mode only on landscape (in one direction too). I went to a verizon store and one of the associates says it may have to do with the update that is coming soon. I think it's lollipop that slated to release in May for Droid Turbo, wish it came sooner though

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Go into your settings and see if you can find the accelerometer calibrator. Make sure it's calibrated by following the instructions. I believe you can see if it's stuck. If it is you can try and banging the phone against something(the back of the phone in a case or double socked). If that doesn't work then you'll have to do a warranty claim.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ghettorunner89,
THanks for the details, I know how important it is to be able to change modes, especially for pictures. We can definitely look into this. Please advise on the steps you took to change the screen rotation settings. Also, were you able to calibrate?
What mobile games are you not able to rotate? How are you changing modes in your camera settings (please provide specific steps)?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ghettorunner89

I looked in settings and don't see anything about an accelerometer calibrator, unless I'm blind? I could always try banging it with some socks on it on top of my mouse pad for that extra cushioning. I could always default back to the warranty claim too if necessary.

0 Likes
ghettorunner89

No I wasn't able to calbrate, not sure how to to be honest. Is there a 3rd party app I can download or is it in the phone itself? Don't recall seeing anything in the settings.

One of the mobile games that allows me to rotate would be "contest of champions" it forces it to one landscape side. When it comes to web browsing via Chrome I'm unable to rotate or even in the "Reddit is fun" app I'm unable to view it in landscape either. With my camera, its forced in landscape mode where the bottom of the phone is on the left, I was able to do normal portraits or choose to have the landscape picture going the other way. As of now I'm unable to.

Thanks for reading! Hopefully we can find the solution.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It should be something like G-Sensor or something along those lines.  It should show two levelers and you can watch while it calibrates it.  Once you do it you can move it around and if one doesn't move then that's why the setting isn't working. 

0 Likes
ghettorunner89

Yea i couldn't find anything in settings. I believe you that it's there. I've downloaded a few sensors on the play store to see what the level is and it is off after all Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I don't have my Moto X with me(they have the same software). I know it's there somewhere, but I just don't remember where. Let me call my office to see if anyone can look.

0 Likes