Re: Droid turbo 2 does not display unread badge in Verizon message app
51Mike
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello.  Like others on this post, I very much want to see the "unread badge" once again displayed (like it was before the recent update).  The last I read there was a "fix" coming in early January.  However, it is now January 20 and I have not yet seen an update.  Is there any new status on this?  Thank you.

sorcererod

No update here either droid 2 turbo. The most annoying thing is that if the phone restarts and a message has come in the badge is stuck at 1 until i read the message and restart the phone again.

0 Likes
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had hoped with the Turbo 2 that promised fixes would come as promised from Verizon or Motorola, but it seems nothing's changed. Same story as with Verizon and my last 3 Samsung phones. All hat and no cattle. Just like politicians. Sigh.....

0 Likes
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

Almost March 2016. No fix, no updates, no Marshmallow. I got Turbo 2 because I was frustrated with Galaxy S5 always buggy and behind on Android updates. Now this. Have to switch to third party launcher to get message counter badges? C'mon Moto, c'mon Verizon, take care of your customers!

0 Likes
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got Marshmallow, 30 minutes, 2 updates later and.... surprise! Still no notification badges on app icons (facebook, inbox/gmail, Outlook). Why should something so simple be so difficult? Had it on my Samsung Galaxy S, S3 and S5. No message LED either. Don't like having to pass my hand over the phone to wake it up and see if I have any missed calls or messages. Big thumbs down to the Turbo2 for not having either the badges or indicator LED's.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Badges are not used on the stock UI. The DROID Turbo 2 follows the stock Android more closely then the TouchWiz UI used by Samsung.

The DROID Turbo 2 doesn't have an LED indicator for messages as it uses the active display to alert you to notifications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
adamreyes

SO I have been scouring the net and my phone settings for too long. But I did find something..... Press and hold on empty space on the home screen and go to settings>keep count and enabled that. Not sure what the [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]  turned it off but my count on badges works now. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
kjbales
Enthusiast - Level 3

Checked and mine was enabled already. Still no unread badges....sigh.....

0 Likes