Re: WiFi turns itself off
sandlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Tamara,

I don't believe I installed any new apps right before the problem started, but I wouldn't swear to it.  I have powered it off and on several times but it doesn't seem to make any change in the behavior.  I have rebooted in safe mode.  It sometimes stays connected for an hour or so before it turns off.  I will watch and update with what its mind elects to do!

Thank you for your help!

Gail

0 Likes
sandlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Tamara,

WiFi stayed connected for 3 hours in safe mode so I suspect you are correct it is an app causing the problem.  Is there any way to know which one or just uninstall everything that has been added recently?

Thanks!

Gail

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sandlady, thanks for keeping us posted. Have you downloaded any 3rd party applications to your device? Some application software can affect the performance of your device. I recommend that you uninstall a few applications, power your device off/on, and enable the WiFi feature again. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for following up, Gail. It would be difficult to pinpoint the exact application. Typically we suggest pinpointing when the issue began and starting from there to find the problem application. Thanks for working with us.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sandlady
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your help.  You can close this.  I can take it from here.

0 Likes