Will I have Message Access Profile (MAP) support with the KitKat update?
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

New Moto X with 4.4    The specs http://developer.verizon.com/content/vdc/en/verizon-devices/pages/mot_moto_x.html  indicates MAP support but it doesn't seem to work and/or I don't see where to enable it.

My Panasonic landline telephone supports Bluetooth and specifically MAP.  My Moto X will ring and the Panasonic landline phone successfully alerts me I have a call on the Moto X.

The feature for the Panasonic to alert me of a new text message from the Moto X via MAP does not work.

So this tells me the Bluetooth paring is working okay, but the MAP profile is not working.

If this is a defect, Motorola/Google needs to fix it fast if they want to replace i-phones!

Robert

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message Access Profile (MAP) support in 4.4 KitKat
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've opened a trouble ticket (ticket # removed) with Motorola.   Lets see what happens....

Confidential info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jto2

I'm having the same problem. The moto x does have the MAP feature. To find it, if you are paired with your Panasonic system, look on the bluetooth settings of your cell. If you see your panasonic listed, touch the symbol to the far right of it's name. Another screen will appear with 2 options- "phone audio" and "message access". They should both be checked. If message access is not there as an option, then you have missed the confirmation question when you originally paired your phone. If so, unpair/delete the the cell from the panasonic , and the panasonic from the cell so you can re-pair the two and see the confirmation question that asks if you would like to grant the panasonic access to your cell messages.

Unfortunately, I have done this and everything shows to be connected with MAP support, however my panasonic still does not receive the text alerts.

It used to work with my previous Motorola Droid X with mo problems, so it may be an issue with the Moto X. There is an app for cells that do not have MAP capability, which I have also tried with no luck so far.

Please respond here if you find something that works for your Moto X

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you try unpairing and resetting your Panasonic?

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the hint concerning checking 'phone audio' and 'message access'.  Both were checked/enabled.

So, I started experimenting with unpairing/paring and noted that 'message access' would take a few minutes to show up (and checked/enabled).

I tried using the native Android Messenger (disabling Verizon Messaging) and I also tried the Panasonic Text Notification app (BTW, the Panasonic app, Text Msg Alert, informed me in Settings that received text messages will send an alert to the Panasonic phone!).

Unfortunately, none of that worked.

With the Panasonic app running, all I now have under Bluetooth is 'phone audio' (no 'message access').

Now...how do we get Motorola/Google to work on this defect?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google bug pages is the best start. The best place for google to see bugs and potential fixes.

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/list

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've opened a trouble ticket (ticket # removed) with Motorola.   Lets see what happens....

Confidential info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
jto2

Any response from motorola regarding this issue?

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not a peep!  I will have to call them again to wake Motorola up....

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

No luck in getting through to Motorola Level 2 again.  I'll keep trying.  BTW, I guess you guys heard Google sold Motorola Mobility to Lenovo at a bargain price.  It's hard to say what will happen to Moto X support.

0 Likes
jto2

Had not heard about google selling off Motorola Mobility... that was short lived. I thought it was great positioning for google when they bought them.

0 Likes