Re: Message Access Profile (MAP) support in 4.4 KitKat
scalin1108

Can anyone tell me how to send a group text please?

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have just tried 4.4.2 as a beta test.  All of the Panasonic Link-to-Cell features now work.  I can't speak about any other MAP support.  So, just hang in there until Motorola makes another public code push.

0 Likes
jto2

I haven't been able to try my moto x yet since the new update that was pushed. Have you managed to get your phone with the update to work with the panasonic unit ?

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes...after installing the beta 4.4.2, all of the features of the Panasonic Link-to-cell work.

0 Likes
Scorpio61

So sounds like Kit Kat 4.4 broke the map profile?  I've got a Droid Ultra and Sync in my Ford Focus.  When I first got this phone on 4.2.2 text messaging in the vehicle worked.  I noticed after the 4.4 update, I now get "unsupported" when I try to do text messages with my Focus and my Ultra.

Since my phone is not rooted there's not much I can do then?  I tried a factory reset hoping it would take me back to 4.2.2 but it did not.

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Scorpio61, I'm the wrong guy to ask, but that sounds like the situation.  I had 4.4 since I've owned the Moto X.

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update:

My original Moto X failed to power on.  Verizon sent me a replacement.

The new Moto X downloaded several updates.  Once I paired the Panasonic to the Moto X, the 'Link-to-cell' feature works perfectly the first time.

Robert

0 Likes
Scorpio61

Robert... are you sure you are running KitKat?  Most the Droid Moto X and Ultra are shipped with Jelly Bean 4.2.2.  Can you check your system info and verify you are now on 4.4?

0 Likes
rbodenhamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yep...4.4.2

I don't know what it was on the initial power up.  The phone immediately started updating.

The Verizon site states the Moto X is shipped with 4.4:

Operating System
  • Android 4.4 KitKat®

On the Motorola Forum site, under Moto X - Verizon, they list 4.4.2:

MOTO X

Android 4.4.2 KitKat rollout began in February 2014

Robert

0 Likes