XOOM Losing 3G Signal
21stNow
Master - Level 1

My XOOM was losing the 3G signal for the past two days (the entire time that I have had 3G data).  I did a soft reset, per VZW tech support's advice.  I used it for another 20 minutes or so and the signal stayed active.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, video does not playback well on 3G, with lots of starts and stops.  Any feedback is appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: XOOM Losing 3G Signal
fredb0t

im having the same problem as well. My 3g signal on the xoom would fluctuate every so often in diferent areas, leaving me [not connected to the internet] having about 2 min downtime. It becomes a pain when im using it has a tethering device. Im using a verizon droid phone and its signal stays consistent.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1
The soft reset seems to have fixed my problem. I can keep you posted, as I use 3G only occasionally.
0 Likes
fredb0t

i just tried doing the soft reset twice already and still no solution. I would browse anything using the 3g and then the signal would drop completely...then downtime for about 1 min till it gains back reception. This gets really annoying even using the mifi feature.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

You can call technical support.  The soft reset was the first of many possible steps that she had me try.  I stayed on the phone with her for about 5 minutes after the soft reset, since my 3G signal only lasted 2 minutes at the most when I called.  Maybe a next step will work for you.

0 Likes
fredb0t

so i called a tech and they just gave me the steps for a soft reset and hard reset. .. the 3g was lasting then still went off and then on in a few min. I also went to a verizon store but they would not replace it because the 3g signal was actually staying up "go figure". i cant seem to have a coninuous signal for at least 30 min of use

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I'm sorry that I could not be of more help.  I probably haven't used the 3G data for 30 minutes or more, because I only use the 3G data for quick checks of the internet.  My long-term usage is on Wi-Fi. 

0 Likes
ajewell90

Yeah, I know what you mean. I lose my 3G connection, I reset it, it comes back then after awhile it goes away. What I think is the problem is that the Xoom is meant for 4G service cuz its quite a powerful device...I dunno...right now I'm having problems with my Xoom for being in "mirror mode" everything is reversed...taking it to Verizon in the morning to get it fixed :smileysad:

0 Likes