Xoom 4G LTE Won't Upgrade from IMM76L to JZO54M
TLM14941

For a couple of months now I have been prompted to upgrade my OS from IMM76L to JZO54M and each time that I try it restarts the devce and begins the update, however, the progress bar gets about 1/3 of the way and stops. After a few minutes I'm left with the screen showing Android lying on his back with an exclamation point inside of a triangle. Can't be a good thing, and it wasn't.

Upon restarting, my tablet is left with the old OS. I've even performed a factory reset and tried the update with the same results. Any help would be appreciated, otherwise, it might just be time to retire this old device for a yet to be determined replacement. It's sad to have waited this long for the update only to have it fail time after time again. Also, the only updates that this device has ever taken are the OTA updates supplied by Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Xoom 4G LTE Won't Upgrade from IMM76L to JZO54M
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I don't know what to tell you on this one.  Have you reached out to Motorola support via their forums?

0 Likes
TLM14941

Actually I have not yet since the instructions for the upgrade pointed me here to Verizon, but I think i'll head over there now.

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@TLM14941

I want you to be able to enjoy the Jelly Bean update for your Motorola Xoom 4G tablet!

I see you have already attempted all of the troubleshooting steps I would have suggested.  If you haven't already taken your device into a Verizon Wireless store for further evaluation, I would be more than happy to look into other options for you.  Is your device within the one year manufacturer's warranty or do you have the Extended Warranty coverage?  Has there been any physical or liquid damages to the device?  Please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes