Xoom and Samsung HotSpot
bobin704
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK....im a little confused soI am  hoping to get a few replies here. I have the Samsung Mobile Hotspot that my company pays my monthly bill. If I purchase the Zoom, would I be able to use that intead of getting ANOTHER data plan for the Xoom? Im seeing a lot of confusing replies and just trying to undertand if i can buy the Xoom without another 'data package' since i am already paying for the Hotspot and like the 4G speed. Thanks for reading! 

Thanks

Bob

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Xoom and Samsung HotSpot
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

The Xoom should lock on to the Samsung WiFi hotspot with no problem.

That said, I would take the Samsung to the stire and make the Sales Guy prove out the ability of the Xoom to connect via the Samsung as a condition of sale.

My Xoom locks on to my Wireless Router with wpa2 aes with noproblem and it appears to want to hook up at starbucks and other wifi hotspots in the mall. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Xoom and Samsung HotSpot
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

The Xoom should lock on to the Samsung WiFi hotspot with no problem.

That said, I would take the Samsung to the stire and make the Sales Guy prove out the ability of the Xoom to connect via the Samsung as a condition of sale.

My Xoom locks on to my Wireless Router with wpa2 aes with noproblem and it appears to want to hook up at starbucks and other wifi hotspots in the mall. 

0 Likes