Xoom browser issue?
GypsyKristan

I use my Xoom to access an online classroom and when I first got the Xoom (version 3.0) I could view the pages properly.  After two updates (3.1 and 3.2) when I open my browser the screen loads only a "snap shot" of the page.  there is no scrolling up, down, or side to side.  This cuts off words, images, everything.  I went to the Verizon store I bought it at, the League City Location, and there is no longer a tech station there.  Some idiot sales guy told me that it must be a glitch or a virus and to take my Xoom back to "factory default".    I have since discovered there are no more tech stations.... **bleep**, Verizon! 

This problem doesn't occur in any other website.  I have an ebay window open and an Ai digital class window open on the same browser session, and the ebay window scrolls down just fine, but the school window doesn't.

I am no tech, but that doesn't sound like a problem " returning to factory default" will fix...

I could really use some help with this, without being able to view my class, I will return the Xoom to Verizon because I don't need it. 

0 Likes
Re: Xoom browser issue?
rive0108

download antivirus app, and scan.

also try viewing in desktop mode, there may be a compatabilty issue with the browser/site. See if it works in the xoom desktop browser mode. look for the thread on how to enable it.

0 Likes
GypsyKristan

I found the thread for the desktop mode.  I tried it, amd it didn't change the results. 

I have Antivirus Free running on my device already.  Is there a better/ different one you cna recommend?

0 Likes
rive0108

there is a thread here also for that regarding antimalware on android/xoom...but id try norton. the idea your loading a screenshot makes me think that your solution may be simply the need to clear the browser history/cookies/data.

click the upper right corner icon, settings, then privacy/security

clear cache

clear history

clear cookie

remove current av ap, delete all its data, then restart xoom

install norton, update, scan

then try the desktop mode again

if none of this works, then you may have to restore.

post the url, and ill check it, that will tell me if it is your xoom corupted, or a moble/website/browser compatability issue.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Have you tried other browsers?  I haven't tried other browsers to see if they are compatible with the XOOM but I have used Dolphin HD and Firefox on Android phones.  Dolphin HD does render some desktop versions of websites better than the stock browser on the phones.

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

GypsyKristan wrote:

I use my Xoom to access an online classroom and when I first got the Xoom (version 3.0) I could view the pages properly.  After two updates (3.1 and 3.2) when I open my browser the screen loads only a "snap shot" of the page.  there is no scrolling up, down, or side to side.  This cuts off words, images, everything.  I went to the Verizon store I bought it at, the League City Location, and there is no longer a tech station there.  Some idiot sales guy told me that it must be a glitch or a virus and to take my Xoom back to "factory default".    I have since discovered there are no more tech stations.... **bleep**, Verizon! 

This problem doesn't occur in any other website.  I have an ebay window open and an Ai digital class window open on the same browser session, and the ebay window scrolls down just fine, but the school window doesn't.

I am no tech, but that doesn't sound like a problem " returning to factory default" will fix...

I could really use some help with this, without being able to view my class, I will return the Xoom to Verizon because I don't need it. 

Thanks to the Community for all of the feedback and suggestions!

GypsyKristan,

I know you mentioned just returning your Xoom due to this issue.  If you haven't, or maybe still experiencing the browser issue, please let me know so I can further investigate.

Thanks again for your patience, and for choosing Verizon Wireless!

0 Likes