Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Xoom unable to wake from sleep mode
timsline

I've noticed this problem in the last month or so, where when I try to use my Xoom after it hasn't been used for a while, it just remains completely unresponsive.  The white LED will continue to flash, telling me I have a new E-mail or something, but I just can't wake it up with the power button.  I'm forced to do the reset by holding down the volume and power buttons together.  This problems is happening several times a week, and is really becoming a pain when I expect to just be able to take out the tablet and login to it.   It's a stock 3G version that has been encrypted and is using a password.  I don't remember this happening before the 3.1 update.  I have seen other manufacturers tablets having similar issues lately.  Any ideas?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Xoom unable to wake from sleep mode
jmccoy70
Novice
are you using the protective case that folds out to provide a stand for yourXoom ? Sometimes theXoom slides out of the case a little way. This cause the volume down button to be held in a depressed state. Don't know if this would cause your problem but it might.:-)

0 Likes
timsline

I've checked and nothing is in contact with the buttons.  :smileysad:

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Novice
Doesn't seem likeabroken power switch since it works with the volume switch to effecuate Reset.
If it has ever worked properly then you might suspect acorruptApp download.
You could approximate a binary search by uninstallimg hAlf of the apps you have installed.
If the problem disappears, then reinstall half of the apps you just remained to see if the problem reoccurs.
0 Likes
timsline

I was kind of hoping to be able to get the 4G update before I try something drastic like removing lots of apps or doing a factory reset.   I'd hate to reinstall everything twice.

0 Likes