Youtube not working on 4g.
zyost

My internet seems to work fine on 4g but video streaming seems to have gotten really slower recently to the point where it just never loads at all. With wifi everything works fine. Also I have noticed that my phone gets warmer than it used to when charging even when turned off. My AVG clean up app said it was 101 degrees when I unplugged it. I don't know if the problems are related or not.

0 Likes
Re: Youtube not working on 4g.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hekki zyost,

Here I am to save the day! I can help with yuour 4G service and YouTube. May I ask are you using the web browser to access YouTube or an app? Did it used to work in the past? If you can share the details along with the zip code that you are having the issue in then we can investigate.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zyost

Hi,

It doesn't work with either the browser or the app or other apps that stream youtube. It worked fine before until just recently when it got so slow that it basically doesn't work. However, I can still use FB and the internet just fine while on 4G. I have been home with wifi the past few days and turned 4G off and noticed that when I charge my phone it doesn't get nearly as hot as it does like I mentioned in my original post.

My zipcode is 15108 but I first experienced the problem when travelling so I don't think it is just in this area.

Thanks Zack Yost

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all the details zyost. You're definitely correct, the area looks good, strong 4G LTE coverage. We definitely need to work with the Youtube app. From the phone, go to Settings>From DEVICE, select Apps> Scroll to ALL at the top>Select the app and force stop. Press OK to confirm, then from the STORAGE section, Clear Data. Let us know if the app runs any faster after this.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes