can't receive text messages! popup error that say "unfortunately messaging has stopped"
elund34
Enthusiast - Level 3

Screenshot_2014-06-15-11-42-37.png

Labels (2)
0 Likes
45 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

apollo1912,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with messaging. Let's see if we can get that working for you. Reset the Messaging app: http://vz.to/1nfLfYq . Power the device off and back on. Retest and let us know how it's working.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
apollo1912
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did try this already...it didn't work. That's why I realized there was a problem with the defauly "Messaging" app and downloaded a different one. No problems yet. Clearly, it's an issue with the software/hardware update.

~Sean

0 Likes
mike3180

Clearly this "fix" does not work! Maybe someone should fix the problem! If Verizon/Motorola will not fix the problem then I expect you to replace this worthless phone.

0 Likes
cull165
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a droid Maxx and have the same issue. Sometimes it just pops up while when I'm not using the factory text messaging. Says " unfortunately messaging has stopped working". I tried all the resets and clear cache and took to Verizon. They sent me a replacement phone and it does the same thing. It needs to be corrected cause who can really tell how many texts I have missed and how many have not been sent. I'm not going to use "hangouts" or some other SMS messenger because Verizon or Motorola can't fix or solve a flawed program that they themselves created.