existing customer free phone (Moto Z Play) not being honored?
jds41979

Did anyone as an existing customer see an offer for a free phone (Moto Z Play) around November December? I went through the shopping cart after being logged on and offered the phone for free. I Added the phone and it even said No Trade-In Required and only needs phone activation. Now Verizon can't seem to tell that I was offered that promotion online, So I am trying to see if anyone else had that offer or is going through something similar that can provide some advice. I have Verizon doing some research also.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DAWGFR81, it's our goal to make sure that you always have a positive experience with us on our network. I'm sorry to hear that this didn't recently happen for you when upgrading to a new phone. We want to make sure that you subscribe to the best plan available and take advantage of any great promotions at that time. When taking advantage of a free device offer, you are required to trade in a device that is in good working condition. You mentioned that you lost your previous phone. As a result, I apologize. You would not qualify for that promotion.

There is a one time upgrade fee of $30.00 when upgrading to a new phone. You have access to Verizon Cloud, online website support, and in store wireless workshops. This is everything that you need to ensure that you have the best experience possible on your phone. This fee helps us cover the cost of providing these services to you. Additionally, you have 30 days to add insurance to your device: http://vz.to/1xPDUon

Lastly, I apologize for any misinformation or confusion. We don't have the ability to change your plan when you're on One Bill. As a result, you would have to contact our One Bill customer service team directly when requesting to move to a new Verizon Plan. At the time of purchase, you are provided with a detailed subscription of your plan, the contractual agreement for your device upgrade and tablet purchase. Did you review those documents? As a reflection of our commitment to you, we also e-mail and mail you a letter confirmation, as well. I hope that this information addresses your concerns. We'd like to uplift this feedback to those store locations. Which store did you visit? http://vz.to/1BnlKZ1

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
147 Replies
ARIPIA52

I posted a video that shows the add for around Christmas. That's when I

bought mine.

0 Likes
NBTGUNNISON
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am somewhat relieved to see that I am not the only one to have fallen for this promotional scam.  We have been with Verizon for many, many years, but frankly the lack of customer service and refusal to honor a publicly advertised promotion has me thinking it is time to change to a company with more integrity.

My phone died of old age back in December.  I went into our local Verizon store and chose a cheap, basic smartphone. Shortly afterwards, I saw a promotional banner on the Verizon Website featuring the Moto Z Play for $17/month, with a $17/month credit.  No trade-in required. No new line of service required.  I printed a screenshot of the ad and brought it into our local Verizon store to validate the fine print.  The sales person read the ad thoroughly, went to the website and saw it for herself, and confirmed that there was no "catch."  It was within 14 days of the purchase of the basic phone I had purchased, so it was eligible for a complete return. We did the return, and signed my 2 year contract for the Moto Z Play and she told me that I would see the $17/month credit begin within 2-3 billing cycles, and would be retroactive to the beginning of this contract.

Four or five months later, I stopped in to ask them when the credits would begin.  The same salesperson conferred with a visiting manager (I assume).  They looked at the purchase date of the phone, and my billing cycle dates, and assured me that I should see the credit appear on my next bill.  If for some reason it did not, then come back in and they would help.

Two months later, I stopped in again.  The salesperson who had helped me all along is no longer working there, and the new salesperson called customer service on my behalf and was told that deal was only for new lines of service.  Of course, when I went back home to find proof that was a lie, I can not locate the printed screenshot of the website promotion, and the only mention of the $17 credit on my contract is handwritten by the original salesperson.

I do hope that there is strength in numbers and that they will rectify this problem if enough of us victims speak out loudly enough.

0 Likes
duranie70

I am having the same exact problem. I bought this phone on Black Friday, it was supposed to be FREE. I keep getting charged $17 a month no matter how many phone calls or chats I do. I am so upset. I never knew I needed proof of a sale I was taking part of. They keep telling me I am wrong, I needed to have switched carriers, they won't look at chats from that day that I purchased it, etc.  I purposely went to look for a phone on Black Friday knowing they have amazing deals.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to miss out on a promotion. We do see a Black Friday promotion that reduces the Droid z Force form $30.00 per month to $15.00 per month. Did you trade in a Device?

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response  answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks  in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
duranie70

Alberto,

There was no trade in required or I would have gladly done so!

All The Best,

Elaine [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Elaine,

We definitely want to ensure that you receive the correct credits for your device. I have reviewed our exact 2016 Black Friday promotion and I was unable to locate a free Droid Z Force with no Trade In promotion. Please click here to view our 2016 Black Friday ad and deals that we offered http://www.verizon.com/about/news/get-all-best-phones-including-verizon-exclusives-next-gen-network-.... Just to confirm you purchased the device online via the Verizon Wireless Chat team on Black Friday?

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

0 Likes
JEN74VA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Okay i just spent an hour on the phone being told that Verizon couldn’t go that far back to look at promotion... this is ridiculous I’ve been a customer for 18 years, the droid z was free but I’m being charged for it and was basically told oh well I have to pay for it- if i was gonna pay for a phone it would have been an iPhone. I don’t understand why Verizon is not honoring their promotion and just hoping people like me don’t check my bill!!!

im very disappointed with this experience and the fact that it’s all over this community- Verizon needs to step up and fix this

0 Likes
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

JEN74VA,

The 18 years you've been with us is appreciated.

We understand your time is valuable and we want to ensure that you receive any promotion you qualify for.

So that we can help, what date was your Motorola Z Droid purchased?

Where was your device purchased from?

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ARIPIA52

And another add.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.techtimes.com/amp/articles/189323/20161219/verizon-deals-for-free-phones-moto-z-play-droid-samsung-j3-v-lg-k8-v-and-lg-stylo-2.htm#ampshare=http://www.techtimes.com/articles/189323/20161219/verizon-deals-for-free-phones-moto-z-play-droid-samsung-j3-v-lg-k8-v-and-lg-stylo-2.htm

Why can I find them with little looking, but Verizon will not honor them?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We absolutely want to honor any promotion that you qualified for with your purchase, ARIPIA52. We did have a promotion running through December that included a free Moto Z Play phone when adding a new line of service or switching to Verizon. I have sent a private message for further assistance. I look forward to your reply.

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
ARIPIA52

How come the last 6 times I talked with you about this you were adament

that there was not a offer for a free Moto play.. now that I posted the

links you find in your records that that there was but.........

On Aug 11, 2017 9:46 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
ARIPIA52

Mine was not a Black Friday deal. It was a before Christmas deal. Watch

this video of your own ad.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AaYw/verizon-quadruplets-motoz-play-droid

On Aug 11, 2017 8:12 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
ARIPIA52

If you watch the video, at the end it says no trade in required..

0 Likes
ARIPIA52

And no response?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service. You should be patient for a reply to your questions.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ARIPIA52

They direct msg me 9hrs ago. I sent them my info and here nothing.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

9 hours is nothing. They might only log into their individual username account for the community once a day. If you don't have a response after two days, then worry. If you need immediate assistance, call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ARIPIA52

Now where are my bill credits! And every one else's for that matter

0 Likes
ARIPIA52

Here is a add for the free motoz play I trade in required

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/AaYw/verizon-quadruplets-motoz-play-droid

On Aug 8, 2017 9:59 AM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aripia52, we do value your time and patience. We would never want anyone to miss out on a promotion. I have sent a Private Message please reply with the requested information.

AlbertoR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupportIf my response   answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under  my  response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation.  Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
ARIPIA52

Same problem here, was told I would get a 17 dollar credit never got it. called 4 times talked to Jami Mike Lisa. And I don't know who else. "Fake names" each one said the problem was taking care of. Same result tell you what you want to here to get you off the phone. I have a screen shot of the offer and they did not want me to send it in. All if them told me they would personally msg me when they had a answer . But no msg. Looking for a new carrier with better customer service.

0 Likes