iPhone 5 nano sim can be used in Moto X- interchangeable?
bjt243

Hello everyone! So I currently am using the new iPhone 5s (my work pays for Apple products and paid for the upgrade). I prefer Android, and buy and sell different Android phones to use personally. I thought the Moto X (along with the 3 new Droids) were going to make my life easier because they use the nano sim found in the iPhone 5 models (instead of having to use a sim adapter or activate new sim cards to switch my service from my iPhone to an Android phone). I happened to be on the phone with Verizon and mentioned this fact, but they told me that although the new phones do use the nano sim, their sim cards would not be interchangeable with those if the iPhone. What gives???? They said that it is because it runs an "iOS" sim instead of an "Android" sim. Is this true? Does anyone have experience with the two devices to tell me if their sim cards truly are or are not interchangeable??? (The only reason I can think of them not bring interchangeable might have something to do with NFC???)

I just bought a Moto X off of ebay and now think I am screwed... Can anyone clarify?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5 nano sim can be used in Moto X- interchangeable?
Danny0Sullivan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm it works just fine. I have an iPhone 6 plus and a 2014 Moto X. I switch between them with only voicemail posing a small problem. I just have to reactivate Advance Calling 1.0 on the iPhone everytime switch back to it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They should be the same size and be interchangeable.

However you do have the issue of switching between two different voicemail systems. Every time you switch between iOS and another OS, you will have to setup your voicemail again as if you were a brand new customer.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bjt243

Thank you!! I knew they were the same size, but I just called again to a different rep who said the same thing- they are not interchangeable (she said flat out that if I put the nano sim from my iPhone 5s into the Moto X it will not work or be able to activate)... She couldn't explain exactly why except that "Apple" nano sims are singular and don't work in other devices.

I hope you are right and wouldn't mind the voicemail thing as long as I could interchange them easily 🙂

Thanks again! I am wondering if anyone has tried it?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

One way to get around the voicemail thing is to use a service such as Google Voice.

0 Likes
Danny0Sullivan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm it works just fine. I have an iPhone 6 plus and a 2014 Moto X. I switch between them with only voicemail posing a small problem. I just have to reactivate Advance Calling 1.0 on the iPhone everytime switch back to it.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI you replied to a thread that's a year and a half old. I would suspect the OP has their answer already.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes