moto x pure edition and verizon
amanda1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was wondering if I were to purchase a moto x pure edition from Motorola's home site, would I be able to bring it in and have it activated? At the present time, I have an Iphone 4, I know that this does not have a SIM card. That is why I was unsure. Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: moto x pure edition and verizon
Snn5
Legend

You can buy from Moto and stop by a Verizon corporate store for a SIM card to fit it...that is if it does not come with one.  It can be activated with Verizon as far as I have seen.  A trip to a store with the phone should get you a SIM and activation if you are a current customer.

Moto X Pure....Will activate just fine on VZW

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

You can buy from Moto and stop by a Verizon corporate store for a SIM card to fit it...that is if it does not come with one.  It can be activated with Verizon as far as I have seen.  A trip to a store with the phone should get you a SIM and activation if you are a current customer.

Moto X Pure....Will activate just fine on VZW

amanda1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks a ton!

jsweetman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I preordered sims from Verizon and tired to activate over the phone today with no luck after 2 hours of trying. We'll see if I can do better at a store tomorrow.

Snn5
Legend

You have to have an already activated SIM to do that method.

jsweetman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: I got the new Pure activated at a store, only after fighting through a floor rep that insisted nothing I suggested was possible. When I asked for a supervisor, she gave the obvious option of activating a sim in another phone, and transferring it over. After activating a sim in a 2nd gen Moto X, the Pure works fine.

amanda1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok guys thanks so much. I ordered my Pure today, after fighting with the moto website to process my order. Hopefully, that wasn't a sign...lol. Wish me luck! 🙂

billhong
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have a current operating Verizon nano SIM card in another phone, you can just swap it into your Pure model and it should activate and run.  I've done this many times between my phones. 

0 Likes
amanda1986
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have a SIM card, I have an iphone 4, so don't have one to swap into the moto. I'm hoping they can set me up with one without an issue

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yes, as mentioned above, just visit a Corporate store once you have the Pure in hand.

0 Likes