need to transfer contacts from RAZR to XOOM
krex

Recently got new razr and Motorola Xoom... all is well... for the most part! lol  yes, I know, many can say that!  I got them synced thru Bluetooth, can use VZMessaging to send/receive text messages on both devices... the problem is that I can't seem to find out how to get the contact list that resides on my RAZR to the XOOM! Driving me crazy, I usualy have no problems with figuring all this out! I could call Verizon, but we all know how long that could take... PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME DO THAT!!!!  LOL Anyone know how to accomplish this?

0 Likes
Re: need to transfer contacts from RAZR to XOOM
krex

Should have said... when i got my RAZR, they transferred my contacts from my Blackberry to the razr by using a gmail account...

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi krex! Have you tried using the Xoom to access the Gmail account that was used to transfer your contacts from the BlackBerry to the RAZR? You can! If your contacts are still there, just set up email account on the Xoom to the Gmail account. Once you sync it for the first time, you'll have the option to upload the contacts to the Xoom!

0 Likes
krex

You'd think it should be that easy, but its not. I have my gmail acct on both devices and sync is set on both devices. My contacts list is intact on my razr.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds likes the contacts are saved only on the Razr. Have you logged into the gmail account and verified if the contacts are there or not.

You should be able to export the contacts on the phone to the storage space of the phone either the internal or the external sd card. Email them to your gmail account or somehow get them on to a computer. From there you can import them into the gmail account.

Also make sure you are using the same gmail account as the primary gmail acount on both devices.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes