people are not getting my text messages, I am not getting theirs, new phone
cajunman

Two days ago I got a Droid Razr Maxx.  I had a Droid 2 and was able to send and receive texts all day everyday.  I have the unlimited plan and went in where I bought the phone and checked that texting was indeed turned on.  The problem is that I can only send and receive texts to my nieghbor, who is on AT&T with a Blackberry Bold.  My wife and two children, also on AT&T, all with iphone 4s, I cannot send texts or receive to/from any of them. I have sent and received one text from my sister, 70 miles away, who is on Verizon with a two day old iphone4s on the same plan as me, share everything, unlimited talk and text.  I have not been able to send or receive either before or after the system upgrade to ICS.  All apps are updated my phone, all system updates completed.  I turned it off and I removed the memory and sim chips for 15 minutes and turned it back on.  The battery does not come out I guess.  I do not have a signature applied to text messages, that is not on.  I am on 4G LTE Verizon network in the heart of Lafayette, LA with signal strength of 105dBm, my "Mobile Network State" appears to be "disconnected" with no apparent way to change that. I do not even know what that is. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance and may you win the lottery!!

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: people are not getting my text messages, I am not getting theirs, new phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow cajunman. You certainly gave me quite a bit of good info to start from to figure out what's going on with your text messaging. I know this trouble is certainly not the way you wanted to start off with your awesome new device. With the fact that you're sending and receiving with some people, that tells me text messaging is in fact not blocked and the mobile network is responding the way it should in Lafayette. You've turned off your signature, which is great when it comes to people on other carriers getting your messages. You mentioned the issue is with texting your wife & kids. It's possible since it's been happening since even before the update that it's more the way their numbers were transferred or saved into your phone. Have you tried sending a text by manually typing their 10-digit wireless number? If it goes through, it'll be as easy as deleting their old contact and entering them brand new on the phone. If it's still giving you trouble, keep me posted on what error message you're getting so I can make sure I get you enjoying your new device.

Have a great day and thanks for the lottery luck! I wish you luck right back. ^JH

0 Likes
Re: people are not getting my text messages, I am not getting theirs, new phone
cajunman

Seems to have been an AT&T problem. Working now. Thanks. Verizon is better.

0 Likes