Getting Verizon to pick up old equipment?
Gigs

We had a T3 line previously.  That included a local loop from Verizon which terminated in a massive multiplexer which is an entire rack of equipment.

We cancelled the T3 over a year ago, and we need to get this old equipment out of the way.

We have been trying to get Verizon to come pick this equipment up for 3 months now.   Everyone we call says that that "isn't their job", and we get bounced around from department to department.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this stuff?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting Verizon to pick up old equipment?
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
{keep it legal}
Message Edited by KaLin on 06-30-2009 03:52 PM
0 Likes
Kathleen
VZ Employee Emeritus

Hi Gigs,

You'll need to send the equipment back via UPS.  Let me find the instructions for you.  Give me a moment.  Please do not put it on eBay.  

Thank you.

Regards,

0 Likes
Gigs
It would weigh probably 250-300 pounds and would be oversized as well, since it's 8 feet tall.  I don't think UPS is a valid option.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

If it's Verizon's equipment then Verizon needs to come pick it up. If they don't pick it up it's their loss.{keep it legal}

Message Edited by KaLin on 06-30-2009 03:53 PM
0 Likes
Kathleen
VZ Employee Emeritus

Gigs wrote:
It would weigh probably 250-300 pounds and would be oversized as well, since it's 8 feet tall.  I don't think UPS is a valid option.

LOL  I'm just being selfish and thinking of the SPEED!!!  T3.....oooooooooo....

Working on finding someone for you.  Need to private message you and ask you some for some information.  Hold on.

0 Likes
Kathleen
VZ Employee Emeritus
Did you get the Private Message, Gigs?  Let me know.
0 Likes
Kathleen
VZ Employee Emeritus

Kathleen wrote:
Did you get the Private Message, Gigs?  Let me know.

OK just sent another private message.  Questions, questions, questions.  Thank you, Gigs, for your patience.

0 Likes