Black Friday offer
LJohn58
Enthusiast - Level 3

I really want to warn people about the FiOS Black Friday offer (it was a $69.99/mo Tripple Play for two years for existing customers). I just attempted to utilize the offer using the link from the text message (I had signed up to receive it through the app).

I have screenshots to show how the estimated new price was $123.99/month, which made sense with the addition of set top boxes, DVR and router. I have the detailed checkout screen which estimates my new monthly bill at $123.99/month.

The response email for the new package lists my estimate monthly bill at $175.08

imageOffer page linked from textimageLower part of offer pageimageBeginning of checkout screen

0 Likes
112 Replies
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi evpoole,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
oscarj4

Got an email from Verizon for black Friday deal to renew a 2 year agreement. Went online to check out deal but no new price details available.  Tried calling...no luck there. Used the chat feature and was told by "agent" Travis that my new price would be $42 MORE!! than what I'm paying now and with less channels (I'd be losing at least HBO and Cinemax)...some deal!! I'm writing in hopes that a real agent will view this and hopefully respond with some better info because at this point there is no incentive to renew.

0 Likes
Bubbs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any updates from anyone?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi oscarj4,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi LJohn58,

0 Likes
LJohn58
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am so frustrated at this point. Chatted with support today. They told me that my Black Friday order had been cancelled, and therefore even with the screen captures, they couldn't honor it.

I have spent way too much time on this issue...close to two hours between phone and chat support, with no resolution. I am going to cancel my service.

Amy6187
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also had the same thing happen!  I was offered to renew my contract on the Black Friday Deal for $102.99 including my equipment and premium channels.  I have print-outs from every page along the way proving this offer.  After hitting accept to renew the contract (4 months before the prior end date of my existing contract), the price on the next page showed $25 higher a month.

Finally, when I received my confirmation e-mail, it showed $227.38/mo!!!!!  This is outrageous!  There was also no mention of the Amazon Prime or Echo that was part of the offer.  I'm a Verizon Triple Play subscriber and a Verizon Wireless customer.  This is making me reconsider both.

I spent the better part of an hour on chat and 1 hour (on hold) and 47 minutes (with a very unhelpful service representative) on the phone.  The representative refused to escalate the issue after requesting she do so many times and only made offers for much more expensive packages than I was already in a contract for.  This needs to get resolved ASAP.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Amy6187,

0 Likes
Dmaru09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I please be contacted as well? I have spent way too many hours today trying to get this same issue resolved with no resolution.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dmaru09,

We will need some details about the issue you are having.

0 Likes
Dmaru09
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem as the original post. Bait and switch. The offer I agreed to was a Black Friday triple play deal for 79.99 (keep my current package). After submitting my offer it increased to $149.99 for the offered package.

After starting 4 different text chats with customer support today, the 4th person was finally able to somewhat help me. All he was able to do was roll back the order I made last night and gave me a phone number to call to try to get the package I was originally offered. After waiting over and hour for a representative to get on the phone, the representative was nothing but unhelpful.

First, after telling her about my issue above, she asked me how much I wanted to spend monthly and then tried to upsell me to an enhanced DVR package. Not quite sure why.

After declining that I repeated that I was trying to claim the 79.99 triple play Black Friday package. That’s when she told me, after putting me on hold a few times, that I didn’t click the right offer on the screen during my order process and must have chosen a higher package. (I did not click on the wrong offer. I have a screenshot of my pre-confirmation page.) After telling her this definitely was not the case - and referencing these very Fios forums - she admitted there must’ve been something that went wrong. That’s when she claimed that I have not been a Fios subscriber for long enough. I have been a paid Fios subscriber for over a year (and a current Verizon wirelesss subscriber for many many more) and if that is the case then why was I presented with this offer? After asking for a manager she put me on hold

and told me that she was unable to find an available supervisor. She asked

if there was anything else that she could do and I asked her to let me

tall to a manager. After much hesitation she told me she would have one call me back in a half hour, after asking me for my phone number which seemed strange because you already had that info.

After twenty minutes passed, the same customer service representative called me back and said that her manager still was not available but that he told her what to do. She acted like she had a great deal for me and had it all figured out. This got my hopes up, but I ended up shocked. She offered to keep my price the same as it currently is but to DOWNGRADE my internet from Gigabit down to 150 Mbps instead. Overall this experience has been completely unacceptable, but that part was really the cherry on top. When I first got this offer from Verizon I was pretty happy to continue my service with Verizon, but this experience has really left a poor taste in my mouth with no resolution in sight. I’ve been trying to get this resolved since lunchtime today.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dmaru09,

0 Likes
wuh
Enthusiast - Level 2

wow, unbeleiveable that this is happening with something that was so publicly advertised in advance. Just spent two hours trying to do the same as all of you. Ended up with a final offer of $114.99/mo when my offer STILL says $99.99 on the website. On top of that, their "free" upgrade to the next internet speed bracket comes with a $99.99 fee!. I would be going from 75 to 100mbps, there is no new equipment needed. Just adjustments on Verizon's end. Couldnt even get them to waive that fee to keep a loyal customer (going back to my last address I've been using verizon since 2002). I'm a triple play and a wireless customer that got treated like I mean nothing to them, which I probably don't but that doesn't mean I have to take it from a greedy industry.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi wuh,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Babyblue07
Enthusiast - Level 1

After exhausting all other avenues I'm posting here to see if Verizon will make this right.

As an existing customer that has been off contract we were excited to see an e-mail that was showing that we were eligible for a internet only gigabit deal for 79.99/mo that included a $100.00 gift card and a 1 year Amazon Prime membership.  After following the link and signing in to our account, the deal would not show up as an option for us to purchase.  We were only given the option to sign up for an (upgrade) that was the same plan as what we had signed up for over two years ago.

At this time we called in and were told that it was an internet only deal but we would be eligible for the advertized gigabit plan.  However we'd have to use the online chat feature to get it as they couldn't do it over the phone.  What happened next blew my mind.

In summation here is what transpired: I contacted the online chat and explained the problem.  Not only did they not address the fact that I couldn't sign up for the e-mail gigabit promotion, but they offered me a more expensive plan with less features than what I'm paying off contract.  They even went so far as to tell me what qualifies someone for the gigabit deal and I met all of the criteria!

-At no time was I given an option to sign up for the e-mailed plan

-I was offered a lesser plan at a more expensive cost

-This deal expires tonight and I have no way of acquiring it even though I am eligible as per the criteria provided.

-Not being able to sign up for this deal will cause monetary damages in that I am restricted to having to pay for lesser services for higher costs.

All of this constitutes a violation of the Consumer Protection Act of Massachusetts, Chapter 93a which Verizon is subject to as they operate a business in the state of Massachusetts.

MGL Chapter 93a

I have screenshots of every interaction and every web-page that is involved in this.

What I am demanding is that I be given the advertized deal with all the benefits that were offered during the time period that this occurred on.

I am seeing quite a few of these problems on the forums and I hope Verizon will make this right.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Babyblue07,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Dmaru09
Enthusiast - Level 2

And the person on the chat said they can do nothing for me.  They told me to call into the support line who I already wasted two hours talking to, and all they did was try to upsell me.  This is 100% absolutely ridiculous and your organization should be ashamed of themselves.  I have asked to speak to a supervisor both in text chat and over the phone, and I have been denied every time.  My bill is currently $60+ more than I ever AGREED to pay, which is beyond comprehension.  If this issue is not resolved timely, I will certainly be cancelling my account; both wireless and fios.

0 Likes
ronginnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

On (Black) Friday, I signed up for Verizon's customer appreciation offer. The cart showed: $146.99 / Month for Verizon Triple Play ($79.99 - 1Gbs Connection, Preferred TV HD, Phone) + TV Services ($67.00 - DVR, 2 Set Top Boxes, HBO, Showtime).

An hour later, I received a confirmation email for my order and to my surprise, the order showed $159.99 for the same Triple Play Offer. Rather than my bill decreasing by a few dollars, my bill increased by almost $70/month and I now have a 2 year agreement with a $350 ETF.

I immediately called Verizon and have been on the phone trying to resolve this issue for 4 days now. The first representative opened an internal ticket to fix my problem. I learned today that this ticket has been "rejected". I called again today and spent more than 2 hours on the phone with the agent. Finally she escalated to her manager, who opened another ticket with the next level team - again to fix my problem. I was told to check back in 3-5 days to learn if they will address my issue.

Any suggestions on how to get this resolved?

Anybody else have this problem with the Black Friday Offer? 

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ronginnj,

0 Likes
SoUpset
Enthusiast - Level 2

BUYER BEWARE!!! THEY CAN'T GET AWAY WITH THIS!!! I found this forum, and I am relieved to know I am not the only one feeling this way...
Mind you -- My BILL IS HIGHER THAN IT WAS BEFORE -- THIS WAS ONE OF THE INITIAL PARTS OF THE BAIT, AND THE RESPONSE EMAIL WAS THE ULTIMATE SCAM -- AFTER YOU ORDER THE PACKAGE!
I FEEL SO VIOLATED-- TALKING ABOUT "CUSTOMER APPRECIATION"
THE EMAIL SAID: 100% THANKS -- "I say 100% SCAM"
As you requested, here is a reminder to take advantage of our special Black Friday deal. Starting today through November 26th, you can get special pricing on your Fios services— guaranteed for 2 years with a 2-year agreement. It's our way of saying thanks for being phenomenal.
Don't miss this exclusive online offer— ends Monday, 11.26.18.
I am DONE WITH VERIZON, and I am escalating this. I can't let this go.

kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi SoUpset,

0 Likes