The Weather Channel
popo79941
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate AccuWeather.......how come customers did not have a choice or a vote to keep The Weather Channel???? AccuWeather stinks, there are no REAL stories nor do the show any weather people out in the field......this is the worst, I watch the weather channel everyday. I might just think about changing my service to someone who has The Weather Channel!!! I hate this.....ugh !

1,977 Replies
bleach35

The Weather Channel was my favorite channel! If Verizon doesn't fix this mistake and bring TWC back I will be cancelling my service!

0 Likes
Skidmark1
Enthusiast - Level 1

The price we pay for cable and the channels is outrageous.  To start eliminating channels right after you first sign up with a new company sucks.   TWC leaving Direct TV was the final straw in me leaving Direct TV.  Charging me for a defective secondary box top I rarely used was the main.

Stmoritz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree.  For the amount we pay for our FIOS Verizon should come to my house to shovel my driveway let alone dump TWC.  It's all about Verizon controlling every aspect of our cable experience.  Didn't use to be this way!

anon4919
Enthusiast - Level 1

We want the weather channel back.  Accuweather is terrible.  Guess when my contract expires I will be moving on.

Direwolf1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since Verizon is eliminating a popular legacy channel, when can we expect the rate reduction?

Skidmark1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Living in a Gulf Coast state, such as FL, you rely heavily on The Weather Channel to keep you informed during the hurricane season.  Dish and Direct TV cable systems are useless as the signal constantly goes out during any weather occurance.  That is why I chose Verizon Fios, with underground wires.  Also Direct TV had just discontinued The Weather Channel.  The elimination of TWC is another "ding" against your company.  You are seriously at 3 dings now,  maybe it's time to go back to Bright House.

charley57
Enthusiast - Level 1

I totally agree.  Accuweather makes me want to puke.  It is so boring and lacks the flare of the weather channel.  If I didn't have a contract with verizon I would cancel and go with another carrier.

TampaDad2014
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree! It is terrible!

Lewisk591
Enthusiast - Level 1

I love the PROGRAMS on The Weather Channel, and the crawl at the bottom with AREA weather forecasts. What is Verizon thinking???

They dropped it once before and the uprising of subscribers got it back. Everyone who is unhappy, SAY SO!

I have "very local" weather by looking at my own thermometer, so Weatherbug doesn't do anything for me. I can get my weather from my PC but that doesn't have the great weather-related programs or storm coverage.

Verizon--PLEASE bring back The Weather Channel!

Indrany

Now that Time Warner is losing New York City customers (unless they made a deal) why can’t Fios negotiate a good rate for The Weather Channel? The widget is better than the forecasts on Fios. I understand people use apps now but my app is still The Weather Channel app. In these days and times of serious weather changing patterns it is important that we have a channel that can go all around th United States covering the weather. 

Please someone consider it or offer it and see what feedback you get.

0 Likes
PhillyBoy2

Sorry but Accu Weather is NOT anywhere near as good as the Weather Channel...not even close.  I will probably go back to Comcast soon because of this and I just switched to Verizon.  Like I've read in this thread, some of us get up and turn on the Weather Channel first thing...Verizon...stop being stubborn and save $$ somewhere else or you'll lose again and again to Comcast.

0 Likes
rolou21
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was just announced from Facebook The Weather Channel is returning back to Fios starting next week June 24....

JuniorAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wait...what??  Yeah, it's back - CH. 611, I'm just seeing this for the first time. (came back June 24...and it's now a week before Labor Day. SMH - better late than never I guess.😆)  

I had no idea, I came on here for another solution and saw this. Good!! That other AccuWeather channel was terrible and never watched it - just my opinion.

When it came to big thunderstorms, and even the Hurricanes hitting my area (Irene, Sandy.etc), I'd turned to TWC. It's been a pretty active Summer storm season in the Philly/NJ area.

Very cool, I dont have Facebook anymore so this is good news.

0 Likes
rolou21
Enthusiast - Level 2

Channel not announced yet. Maybe near Accuweather CH. 619?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Channel 611 - so happy to see The Weather Channel returning to the lineup!!  Thank you Verizon for listening!!!  I will be watching on Monday!

mbrkelley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Where did you get this info?  Can’t find anything about this on Verizon’s web site. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

It was announced by The Weather Channel on Facebook.

mbrkelley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, just saw it on Facebook. Strange that Verizon has no announcement on its site!

0 Likes
mbrkelley
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, just saw it on Facebook.  Strange that Verizon has no announcement on its site!  

JoeCoolOBX1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Probably the main reason for them not to put TWC on is that it is owned by Comcast, their direct competitor. I think Verizon has a vested ownership of the dumb weather channel they are airing...which I forgot their name because I never go on it. I mainly use the TWC App on my phone now. Once my contract is up (soon), I might consider switching to Comcast, now that they put faster lines in my neighborhood.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Accuweather has been around much longer than TWC.
They continue toprovide weather forecasts to radio and tv stations around the country.

0 Likes