The Weather Channel
popo79941
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate AccuWeather.......how come customers did not have a choice or a vote to keep The Weather Channel???? AccuWeather stinks, there are no REAL stories nor do the show any weather people out in the field......this is the worst, I watch the weather channel everyday. I might just think about changing my service to someone who has The Weather Channel!!! I hate this.....ugh !

1,977 Replies
Plaintruth1
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's like watching Japanese tv.. the words and pic are not sync"d properly !!

0 Likes
solomonswish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed!  We're looking to drop Verizon and switch providers.  Accuweather doesn't even come close in comparison and is frankly insulting as the replacement.

Msprisco
How in the world do you take away one of the most important channels a cable provider can provide? Millions upon millions of people rely on weather information and weather forecasts for either work, school, sports, or vacations and it doesn't make much sense to take the biggest name in weather off your programming. Verizon you are foolish. You will lose a lot of subscribers over this and whoever came up with this decision, collectively or just one really incompetent person, should not have a job. The weather channel is to weather what espn is to sports. Would you take espn off your lineup? Didn't think so. I'm not even that big a fan of the weather channel, but when I do watch it it is exactly what I am looking for. Severe weather, especially now a days , is something that needs to be covered in real time. Not for nothing but your replacement for the weather channel looks like and comes in just as good as a local high school channel. Again, a really dumb decision verizon.
0 Likes
solomonswish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed!  We're looking to drop Verizon and switch providers.  Accuweather doesn't even come close in comparison and is frankly insulting as the replacement.  #BringBackTWC

0 Likes
DougH3
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agree - dump Verizon

lglas
Enthusiast - Level 2

precisely...where is Jim Cantore?

pkhopkinson

I too want the Weather Channel back. Been a Verizon customer for many years. My contract is up in May. I will be leving.

BY BY VERIZON

BRING BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Jimmyboy1
Whose lame brain idea was it to delete the weather channel? Perhaps their services should be dropped. Many of us older folks enjoy and depend on this channels information as well as its non weather programming. Fully 20% on my tv time is spent watching the weather channel. Your replacement, accuweather is poor quality, poor audio, and not full screen. Hard to see with all the side and bottom panels. Renew weather channels contract! Perhaps, if cox carries it I shall go back to them. Verizon has shown poor support of the needs of the public in this lack of sense programming move.
0 Likes
purpleroses

Seriously Verizon!!!. I am so angry with this choice. I "used" to watch the weather channel all the time, a couple of hours a day every day! When I need it see the weather coming for this weekend for other parts of the country. It is gone! There may be an app for that but there is nothing like watching real people tell you how it is! The "replacement" that you put up is a complete joke! I really hope "you" as in Verzion fix this ASAP.  # Bring Back TWC

Being a caregiving of my elderly mother who loves to watch the TWC. It is the only channel she loves to watch, it calms her and keeps her happy. She does not have a smart phone, or can use the internet. TV is her life. I had to tell her the channel is broke. She is upset and not having a good last couple of days. She loves to watch her stories, and her favorite people. So thank you for making caregiving even harder!

0 Likes
solomonswish
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed!  We're looking to drop Verizon and switch providers.  Accuweather doesn't even come close in comparison and is frankly insulting as the replacement.  #BringBackTWC

0 Likes
hermani
Enthusiast - Level 1

OUTRAGEOUS!  Weather Channel and Weather Scan are most watched stations in this house.  We are seriously considering changing providers for our entire package if you don't bring them back.

And informing us on the day you stripped it is unacceptable!  This is no way to treat loyal customers.

Millhunkie

Yes.  Weatherscan and Weather Channel are the most watched channels in our household.  Why keep FIOS if they don't provide the channels you want?

0 Likes
bertie57

I can't believe that you removed the twc and weather scan!!! You need to renew the contract. I also can't believe that you don't give a notice that you are doing this. YOU NEED TO GET THESE CHANNELS BACK

0 Likes
pinellaspkfl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I totally agree with "outrageous"!  Verizon has been bugging me to sign another 2-year agreement when I have another five months left on my present contract. Glad I didn't. With Verizon making the decision to elimnate the Weather Channel and Weather Scan, I will probably be looking for another provider that PROVIDES those two channels. And I DON'T necessarily watch TWC for the weather. They have alot of great show on that my family enjoys watching! VERY BAD DECISION, VERIZON. One would think you're linked to DISH.

volleychic
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is absurd!  We were considering canceling cable and this is just pushing us closer to making that decision.  We really don't watch that many channels, but the Weather Channel was one that I watched!  I also don't have a "smart phone" or many other devices to check the weather, so I actually DID use my TV for the weather.  Accuweather is a joke!  It is awful!  Please bring the weather channel back or you will most likely lose a lot of customers!  Very disappointed!

DualityMan

My wife and I totally agree.  We both enjoy the weather channel, especially their extreme weather shows.  It's a shame that Verizon is too stingy to continue providing this service when I'm paying a small fortune for their service.

0 Likes
myname1177

Please bring back Weatherscan.

Accuweather is useless for the current local weather conditions and forecast.  I do not like the widget.  It is does not replace the information provided by Weatherscan.

I pay a lot of money for FIOS TV.  Verizon, do not tell me to use my smartphone or other mobile device to obtain weather infomation.

0 Likes
georovertx
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like many others, I am very disappointed that Verizon dropped The Weather Channel. I did not use the channel to actually check the weather very often since I do have a smartphone with weather apps, including Accuweather. The Weather Channel has some fantastic programs unrelated to the weather and these are what I watched. It is not an equitable replacement to now get a weather only channel. My agreement is up for renewal now and I am seriously considering cancelling my service.

SoSad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot express my disappointment in Verizon after receiving the below message.   Why would Verizon ever drop the Weather Channel, sure it’s to save money so I want to save also.   No drop in our bill noted in the letter below.   The Weather Channel is a huge part of so many people’s lives.   Verizon should NOT be pleased to launch AccuWeather as a replacement because it is not a replacement at all, does not compare to Weather Channel in any way.   Also, the "free" FIOS Mobile Apps have always been free, plus the Weatherbug "widget" is slow loading (all the widget are slow and pain to use) and never found them to be useful.

I have been with Verizon for must be over 10 years now and seen a terrible drop in customer service and in the overall Verizon customer servie a provider.   No concern on keeping current customers, get old seeing new customer getting deals and current customer bills just go up and you call Verizon and get that’s only for new customers.   Attitude from Verizon customer service, just leave, we don’t care.   Also, adding, I recevied the below message on the 10th @ 3:06AM and its starts on the 10th, really good customer support, NOT!     I'm NOT feeling like a "valued  Verizon customer".

Dear Valued Verizon Customer, 

Verizon’s agreements to carry The Weather Channel and Weather Scan have expired, and have not been renewed.  In today’s environment, customers are increasingly accessing weather information not only from their TV but from a variety of online sources and apps.  Verizon is therefore pleased to launch the new AccuWeather Network, which will be available on FiOS® TV on channel 119/619 (HD) and on our free FiOS Mobile App starting March 10, 2015.  Verizon will also provide the FiOS TV WeatherBug “widget” application, which features hyper-local weather, on FiOS TV channel 49. WeatherBug can also be launched by pressing the “widget” button on the FiOS TV remote.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

db1960
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree - we had bad weather last night and in the past I would have turned on weatherscan to watch the radar as the storm approached.  Your widget does not have radar.   No local weather on accuweather.    Subpar service.  I'm going to be switching to Comcast soon if you don't get it back.

0 Likes
charbar2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also very upset about this.  We check Weatherscan (part of TWC package) every morning to determine what the weather  will be that day and current temp.  More importantly, this is a PUBLIC SAFETY issue.   People rely on the radar to show upcoming severe weather approaching and for  t-storm, tornado warnings etc.  During a  recent nearly day long snowstorm, the radar was extremely valuable in knowing when the storm would be clearing us so we could go out, clear out driveway, etc. I can when it is safe to go out based on approaching radar.  There is NO substitute for live radar anywhere else (insufficient on computer, phone app etc).   I am so upset and plan to post my complaints everywhere!!