The Weather Channel
popo79941
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate AccuWeather.......how come customers did not have a choice or a vote to keep The Weather Channel???? AccuWeather stinks, there are no REAL stories nor do the show any weather people out in the field......this is the worst, I watch the weather channel everyday. I might just think about changing my service to someone who has The Weather Channel!!! I hate this.....ugh !

1,977 Replies
cruisemaur
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to strongly voice my disappointment re: Verizon's decision to drop the Weather Channel. We watched it every day in our house.The content, the documentaries, the on-air personalities were all appreciated.

It was one of the only things that my mom, who suffers with Alzheimer's, could follow. She cannot watch or enjoy most TV programs any longer. It's all too confusing for her. The Weather Channel, with its "local on the 8's" was something that she could relate to. She could be momentarily engaged in what today's weather would be.

Verizon knows that Accu-weather is a poor substitution at best. They cannot be happy with this product, nor content with the knowledge they are displeasing so many customers.  I realize everything in business is about money and negotiations. Let's see some serious negotiations ASAP for a quick resolution to this mess.

joker211
Contributor - Level 1

Sad part is that there are over 1200 comments on this thread and NOT one responce from FIOS.

Why are they ignoring their customers.  Do they think this issue will go away?

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is not a Verizon supported forum.

It is set up as a peer to peer support forum.

And 1200 out of millions of customers is miniscule.
There are a fair number of mainly silent (I and a few others have posted) that we are ok with TWC being dropped.

TWC has started a FB post about being vocal about wanting it back. An overwhelming number of responses are that people were ok with it going.

Most are not happy with the lack of weather and the reality shows.

Accuweather has stated they are working hard to improve their content and plan to stay only weather.

0 Likes
Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

@CRobGauth wrote:

This is not a Verizon supported forum.

It is set up as a peer to peer support forum.

And 1200 out of millions of customers is miniscule.
There are a fair number of mainly silent (I and a few others have posted) that we are ok with TWC being dropped.

TWC has started a FB post about being vocal about wanting it back. An overwhelming number of responses are that people were ok with it going.

Most are not happy with the lack of weather and the reality shows.

Accuweather has stated they are working hard to improve their content and plan to stay only weather.

CRob

Where are you getting this information From? On this forum alone the ratio is about 10-1 in favor of bringing TWC Back. This topic has the largest number of comments on the forums. The only reason there aren't more is because VZ makes it so hard to get here. You once said TWC's Viewership has dropped 20%, well I checked that out, and according to Neilsen TWC was one of the only Networks to increase viewers (This past Quarter) with an estimated 76 million viewers. 1200 + and growing may seem minuscule here, But, 609,000 at Keep the Weather Channel.com, over 50,000 on Twitter and another 150,000 on Facebook adds up to a pretty substantial number in my book.

Something has happened to Verizon big time. I don't know what it is. But, it seems like they have taken a 10 year step backwards. Customer complaints are way up. "OUR COMMITMENT TO CUSTOMER SERVICE" has disappeared. They are talking about adding some new video service in the near future. Well Verizon I'd like to know who your going to sell it too when the numbers of people who mistrust Verizon continues to grow.

0 Likes
joker211
Contributor - Level 1

Rocky18

I can not figure out how to do quotes of other posts.  But I want to thank you for your post about "keep The Weather Channel.com

I did not know about that website.  I learned a lot,  Such as I thought.  The break up was not done nicely.   Acording to TWC Fios just stoped talk to them and never informed TWC or FIOS coustomers that TWC was to be dropped from the line up.

Is this how Fios conducts business?   Not nice or profession at all.   Like little children.  Also acording to that website TWC says Fios will not return their calls.   WOW.  Just WOW.

How can you have a multi-billion company and act like a child?

Also as I said before I agree with you.   1200 + replys on this thread must represent Millions of unhappy customers.

I do not understand Crob or his point of view.

Rocky18
Enthusiast - Level 3

Joker

I've been to so many websites in the last 10 day's or so my head is spinning. I was going to forward the article I stated to Crob But could not find it again (GRIN). I did find a great quote that made me laugh FIOS New Slogan Should Be "Created By Geniuses,Run By **bleep**" now that guy is a thinker.  You can't help but laugh at the stupidty, and the nickel and dime stuff like removing the clocks from the DVR's to save  0.25 cents. We can only hope that FIOS becomes so unprofitable for Verizon that they sell it off (Like Texas and Florida) and then hope and pray the new owners will care about their customers. Verizon was on their way to greatness, But they've lost their way BIG TIME.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Rocky,

Here is my data for viewership.

According to this article, daily viewership is down.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2014/09/13/global-warmoing-casualty-weather-channel-value-ra...

And it is generally understood that people don't come out and say I'm good with it.
That is general nature.

People will be more vocal when they have a complaint vs when they are ok with something.

0 Likes
JDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

@CRobGauth wrote:

Rocky,

Here is my data for viewership.

According to this article, daily viewership is down.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2014/09/13/global-warmoing-casualty-weather-channel-value-ra...

And it is generally understood that people don't come out and say I'm good with it.
That is general nature.

People will be more vocal when they have a complaint vs when they are ok with something.

And I looked at the Facebook pages (there are several of them).  I didn't find a single one which had more "I'm glad it's gone" responses than "I want it back".  In fact, it was a huge list of complaints about it being gone.

As for it being "generally understood"... It's also generally understood that this forum is hard to find and even harder to get an ID for.  There would be a lot more people posting about TWC being gone if the forum were well-known amongst users and easier to get into.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

And I looked at the Facebook pages (there are several of them).  I didn't find a single one which had more "I'm glad it's gone" responses than "I want it back".  In fact, it was a huge list of complaints about it being gone.

As for it being "generally understood"... It's also generally understood that this forum is hard to find and even harder to get an ID for.  There would be a lot more people posting about TWC being gone if the forum were well-known amongst users and easier to get into.

How about Bloomberg: http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-10-09/weather-channels-web-mobile-growth-leads-to-advertis...

They say exactly the same thing.

I can't find any article to back up Rocky's claims of ratings increase (Bloomberg quotes Nielsen for its numbers).

As for the FB posts I mentioned, it was not a page, but one of those sponsored ads that pop up from time to t ime. If I see it again, I will be more than happy to post it.

. I am just a customer. I think that people should be fully informed on what is going on.
Do I think that Verizon always makes the right decisions. No.

I certainly think this could have been handled better (and still could be).

Do I think Accuweather is a suitable substitute for TWC. Not at this time, but willing to take them at their word that they intend to upgrade.

I almost never watched TWC as I dod not find it very useful. I for one use smartphones and PC more for weather than I do TV anyway.

JDavid
Enthusiast - Level 3

@CRobGauth wrote:

How about Bloomberg: http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-10-09/weather-channels-web-mobile-growth-leads-to-advertis...

They say exactly the same thing.

I can't find any article to back up Rocky's claims of ratings increase (Bloomberg quotes Nielsen for its numbers).

As for the FB posts I mentioned, it was not a page, but one of those sponsored ads that pop up from time to t ime. If I see it again, I will be more than happy to post it.

. I am just a customer. I think that people should be fully informed on what is going on.
Do I think that Verizon always makes the right decisions. No.

I certainly think this could have been handled better (and still could be).

Do I think Accuweather is a suitable substitute for TWC. Not at this time, but willing to take them at their word that they intend to upgrade.

I almost never watched TWC as I dod not find it very useful. I for one use smartphones and PC more for weather than I do TV anyway.

Again, you're looking at old data.  Completely worthless.  And you're claims of a "sponsored ad" on Facebook are also without merit.  Of course Verizon would be interested in sponsoring an ad which defends it.

And no, you aren't "just a customer".  You have your opinions - and try your best to say your opinions reflect the majority of the Verizon viewers.  They do not, especially in this case.

Accuweather has been in business for 50 years - and this is the result?  Totally laughable.

I DEPEND on accurate weather for my business.  I NEED to know what's going to happen so I can schedule my employees.  And with severe weather season coming up (I'm also a SKYWARN Spotter for the NWS), accurate weather is even more important.  And PCs and smartphones just don't compare.

Accuweather is a piece of crap.  But just because YOU don't find it useful doesn't mean a lot of other Verizon users feel otherwise.  This thread is proof of that.

frankc1200
Enthusiast - Level 3
Enough already, bring back the weather channel and drop MSNBC and CNN. I get news online. Thanks for nothing Verizon....
fasteddie777
Enthusiast - Level 1

I TO I'M STILL **bleep** THAT THE WEATHER SPAN WAS TAKEN OFF AND ACCUWEATHER STINKS

jimsie1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I want the weather channel back like many do, but cheap Verizon will not listen to it's customers. They put on this cheap garbage in it's place. Weather will be getting bad soon and the weather channel was great to go to. It is all about money not what the customers want. VERIZON STINKS. Thanks Verizon for nothing. I will not forget you when it is time to renew. Best way to get back at you, is get rid of you, when the time comes. In your wallet.

suellen387

PLEASE GIVE US BACK THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!! Accuweater is useless. Then if we turn to the cable "news" all we hear is the political **bleep**!   Please! We have family and friends in the areas affected by these weather disasters!!!

0 Likes
ednorton
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any service that names there own storms are not worth watching!

0 Likes
uncle1mike
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you want Verizon to know that you want the Weather Channel you have to call them. No one from Verizon reads these forums. When you call don't be mean or nasty otherwise you will be ignored. Give  them a good reason for wanting the Weather Channel to return to Fios. This is the only way to get the channel back.

0 Likes
needmyweather
Enthusiast - Level 2

My family lives in Columbia,SC and Copperas Cove, TX.  The weather was very bad this year and no info was available on Accuweather.

0 Likes
szs51ham

Fully agree!  We are also about ready to cut our cord with Verizon.  They can either bring it back by the end of this year and end their little experiment, or we will be heading over to Comcast.  Hopefully they lose enough money to really feel it if we all move over to the competitors.

0 Likes
needmyweather
Enthusiast - Level 2

My son and his family live in Columbia, SC.  The flooding there was terrible and we didn't know what was going on in their neighborhood. 

0 Likes
rockvilleraven

We used to have a digital subchannel of WUSA 9 in Washington, DC which had a feed of WeatherNation with local cut ins every 10 minutes by the WUSA 9 Weather team, that was so good, I forgot about the Weather Channel back when we had Access 3 Media as our bulk condo cable provider, I wish that Verizon would continue  that arrangement instead of Accuweather, but we can't have everyting.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

That was not a Verizon arrangement. It was channel 9 that had it as a sub-carrier. They chose to replace it with Justice channel.

I leave near Baltimore. Channel 45 still has WeatherNation as a sub-channel so we get it.

From my understadning, Accuweather made Verizon an offer they couldn't refuse.

Otherwise, we may not have had any national weather channels.

0 Likes