Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
10% data alert email but I haven't used my data?
HenryBharvey

So just now I was emailed from Verizon warning me that I only have 10% of my mobile data available for usage.

evidence A.png

However, upon logging in on my phone

Screenshot_20180816-021732.png

So which is it? On top of that:

I've used my data only once, I have used a total of 5.86 MBs this cycle.

My Data is currently not on. Period.

I use my wifi strictly and only use my data when I'm away from home. I turn it off once I am home.

I'm extremely confused and this is on behalf of my father, who already is under a major amount of stress at this point as last month, the same thing happened.

Is this a glitch on a massive scale? I've seen plenty of other topics with this exact same problem it seems, some going as far back as 2016. If so, is there a way to get it sorted out without having to go to the store in order to have it fixed? I really just don't want this to be a monthly thing where none of us are using our data, but we're all somehow reaching the cap somehow.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 10% data alert email but I haven't used my data?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely want to make sure your data use is accurate, HenryBharvey. Are there any other devices on the account that could be using data? Is Wi-Fi assist or a similar feature active on the device?

PeterP_VZW

0 Likes
HenryBharvey

I will check everyone's phones tomorrow and update you on the data usage

as for the latter, I personally have Data Saver switched on, but I admit

that I'm not sure it seems to be working.

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 2:52 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the update we will be on standby for the update. Also, the notification will be sent out to let you know you are almost out of data even before the system has updated in the My Verizon account to make sure you are aware that you are almost out.

FranciscoP_vzw

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes