Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
$10 fee for paying account early
MUSCLEJDAWG

I received an email stating that I'm being charged a $10 Auto Pay Non-compliance Fee for paying my account early. Why does Verizon punish their customers for responsible account holders. I've been a Verizon customer since 1998 and this is now making me reconsider my loyalty to Verizon.

Re: $10 fee for paying account early
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Did you make the early payment with a credit card? If so, that is why you are being charged the $10, not because you paid early. Verizon offers an autopay discount for payments made with a debit card or checking account. If you pay the bill early with a form of payment not eligible for the discount, you would be charged a fee for that month. You used to be able to pay early with a credit card and still get the discount, but Verizon has plugged work around in the system.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Loyalty such as yours is rare, MUSCLEJDAWG, and we’d never want to cause you to have to look for service elsewhere. Auto Pay discounts are set up to entice automatic, steady, plannable payments. As rcschnoor points out, making payments outside the scheduled time can cause loss of the discount. Once the Auto Pay resumes, using a debit card or checking account information, you will again see the discount. You can see more information here: http://spr.ly/66091vPt3.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Frenchyn11

Right but it’s essentially rewarding people for setting up auto pay but not those who pay their bill early..... I feel the same way. Sometimes I want to pay early because it’s more convenient for me but can’t because I’ll lose that discount. Super annoying.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely understand where you're coming from and appreciate the feedback. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Truk777

I was just informed of this as well. I can’t believe Verizon would penalize a paying customer for…paying their bill. I have many other accounts with this same feature and never have I lost the discount for paying early. 

0 Likes
kh-taylarie

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes