Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
12/10 Customer Service
gspencer90

Just wanted to give a review of some FANTASTIC customer service I received when getting my wife ported over to VZW. 

I had switched my wife to Verizon a couple of months back to take advantage of a switcher credit and an iPhone promotion. Trading in my wife's old AT&T phone was a requirement for the promotion, but for some reason her Rose Gold iPhone 8+ wasn't listed as a valid option to trade in. I had contacted another customer service rep who advised me to trade it in anyway and the promotion would be fixed on the back end. 

A couple of weeks went by with no pre-paid box/envelope to trade in her old phone, so I again contacted customer service to see what was going on. Alyssa (sp?) from NC was the rep who was extremely helpful, thorough, and friendly. Not only did she ensure that we got the box, she scheduled follow-up phone calls to check in and make sure everything went smoothly along the way. She got the shipping box to us, verified that Verizon received the trade-in, and ensured that the promotion was properly applied to the account. 

I've had far more negative encounters with call-center employees than good ones, but this one stood out in a huge way. She ensured that we were taken care of as customers, but also took the responsibility on herself to do it instead of kicking the can down the road for the next rep to take care of. THAT is customer service right there. 

Not sure if this will get back to Alyssa or her managers, but THANK YOU for ensuring that we got everything squared away. You deserve a promotion for sure, and I hope you make it to management some day to set the standard for customer service.

0 Likes
Re: 12/10 Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@gspencer90

This is awesome to read! I'm so glad that Alyssa was able to provide you the stellar customer service experience you deserved! Please know that we do value your business, and that we want to keep you a happy Verizon Wireless customer for many years to come. I appreciate you sharing this feedback with us, and I will forward this commendation to the appropriate persons so that it can be acknowledged.

Thank you for being the best part of Verizon Wireless, and have a wonderful rest of the day and weekend!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@gspencer90  It's nice to hear a good review of a customer service encounter like this.  They seem so infrequent but it also seems easier for people to complain about a bad encounter.  Thanks.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Tigerstep

This is true. Sounds like her center is lax about call outs and caring more for the customer experience over scrutinizing over metrics.

0 Likes