Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Re: 150$ Port in credit not received
NTVSS

I've been waiting since October 2014 and I bought at a Verizon store.  This is starting to sound like class action lawsuit material.

I think it's pathetic that no one from Verizon has answered these posts.  Wishing I had never switched.

Bthosath

I Agree!

0 Likes
Viv25

I am waiting since FEB 2014 and its really irritating now.

Thanks

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Viv25

you  said you ported on December 11 at best buy.  Best buy offered a $150 gift card which was a substitute for the port credit.

the credit for porting did not begin until December 29.

dont know why you were not told by Verizon.  Best Buy didn't train their employees very well.  Unless you have written proof from Best Buy, Verizon has no reason to honor a credit.

0 Likes
FCCJen

I just got off the phone with Verizon support about the $150 credit for porting my phone. I bought in January from Best Buy, but I have friends who used to work for Verizon who warned me not to buy from them, so I was very careful. I talked to the Verizon rep on the phone at the store to confirm the offer. I received a $100 gift card from Best Buy for buying a Samsung Note4, unrelated to the Verizon Edge offer. Stephen in Verizon support tried to pass this off as the port credit too. I have called or chatted with Verizon support just about every month since I bought the phone and this is the first person to tell me I would not be getting the credit. All the other Verizon reps said I needed to wait a few months.

I believe this is false advertising on the part of Verizon. The FTC regulations require a company to post all the rules and disclaimers with an offer. The current offer on Verizon's website does not state that phones purchased from third party vendors are disqualified from the portability credit.

I plan to submit a complaint to the FTC: FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection - Consumer Information

dmsrao

I bought 4 Phones in BestBuy in  Nov 2014 and ported and activated my new lines through Verizon Store. When I contacted Billing section, they  directed me to Porting credit verification center  to confirm that my lines qualify for porting credits. And we were in conference call with both porting verification and as well as customer representative in Jan 2015 and confirmed that I will receive $600 Bill credit with in couple of weeks . Since then I have called may be 20 to 30 times  611 to verify my credit status. Each time every representative has filled a form and stated that they will call me back and give me the update. I NEVER received any time a call from any representative as a followup. And it seems that  $600 is a big amount that they can not give credit only Managers can approve and sanction the credit.And I never got hold of any manager any time to get the credit.

Throughout these 30 or odd calls they always used to state that I am qualified and will get the credit with in 24 to 48 hours.

To my surprise today the representative states I am not qualified for the credit and asking me to go to the store where I activated and ported my phones and talk to the Manager of the store and get the credit from that store manager!!!!!

I never expected this from Verizon and for all these last six months ( check my call history for 611) they kept telling me that I will be credited $600 with in 24 to 48 Hours..

0 Likes
tlp0927

Add me to the list.  I ported a line over in February - and signed up for the Edge program.  Was promised a $150.00 credit.  When I didn't see it last month I called.  Very nice representative apologized, checked my account and said credit would show on next bill.   I just got the new bill and only received a $100 credit.  I chatted with a rep only to be told that it was some area specific and carrier specific promo and I was misinformed. VERY disappointed in Verizon.   I was told in person and on the phone that the credit I was due was $150.00.   Bottom line - they want new customers and the offers for credit are just to hook you in.

0 Likes
sa1060

Same thing happened to me and i switched over in janurary. I called today and they are giving me the run around. Its not right how verizon will not give us the money that is due to us

0 Likes