Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
15GB free data text
NanaMargeret

Got a text this morning saying that they were giving me 15GB of data for the next month but I do not see it on my account.

Has anyone else gotten this?  Because of Covid 19

Re: 15GB free data text

I got the text this evening and still don't see it

0 Likes
NanaMargeret

Finally reached them.  They only add it if you need it.

Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

6162003, please know that it's not systematically possible to change a customers plan online to reflect the extra 15GBs. Accordingly, all customers on an eligble plan (they'll have received the text message) will simply obtain the extra 15GBs after using their normal monthly allotment. Customers may also still receive overage alerts as that's automated within their plan, but they will not incur the overages on their bills.

EbonyR_VZW

helpwithtech

What did we get the 15GB free for (certain states, so many people working from home...)?  Greatly appreciated and very much needed now.  Just curious.  Thanks!

0 Likes
tikibar1
MVP MVP
MVP

@helpwithtech wrote:

What did we get the 15GB free for (certain states, so many people working from home...)?  Greatly appreciated and very much needed now.  Just curious.  Thanks!

COVID 19 FAQs 

Related Press Release 

0 Likes
PaulMartocci

Wouldn’t Verizon just issue eligible customers 15GB under freebee data? Customers seem to want visual confirmation.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

NanaMargeret, I am glad you gained assistance. Also, keep in mind that you will not physically see 15GB on the account, once you reach your allowance or threshold, they are automatically added. I hope this helps.

DiaS_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

FreeBee Data is a marketing tool allowing businesses to increase customer acquisition and retention by making their mobile content free of data charges. A business or brand can provide free content by sponsoring mobile video, audio streaming, or a mobile application. Please keep in mind FreeBee Data follows a different set of guidelines in comparison to the data relief effort Verizon is implementing. Let us know if this provided clarity.

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
wastemytime

I also was notified of the 15GB of free data due to Covid, but received my statement and was charged for data overage and the 15GB was not added.  After contacting Verizon support online, the 15GB of free data offer was confirmed but no resolution to why the charges.  30 minutes of my life I will not get back.  Very frustrating.

0 Likes