Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 Day Shipping
Sigh2021

Last week Friday I ordered a new phone after my son broke his. At the time I ordered the phone, through an agent on chat, I was told that they have a 2 day shipping window. According to the agent and my account he phone should have been mailed out on Sunday. I spoke to an agent Sunday evening since the status of my order still said "preparing your order" and they said that my phone was all ready to be mailed out on Monday morning but they had not had any one to ship out orders on Sunday. This agent guaranteed that by phone would arrive by Tuesday. Ok. Monday nothing changed and my account still said "We are preparing your order".  On Monday evening I spoke to a different agent that said that the 2 day shipping does not include weekends, even though I could not find that information on the website I said ok because it kind of made sense. That agent also told me that since I ordered on a Friday that Monday was processing day and it would be shipped on Tuesday. The agent on Monday also said that they could not find any information on the status on my phone but they would file a ticket to push it along faster in the warehouse. Finally on Tuesday my order status changed to shipped but the tracking number said ZEROPICK. I had never seen that before so I spoke to a different agent. I was told that ZEROPICK means that it had not been picked up by Fedex so it was not assigned a tracking number. This agent guaranteed that by yesterday afternoon it would have an actual tracking number and it would be "in transit". Well here we are Wednesday morning and my account still says ZEROPICK as the tracking number and no other information.  It also still says 2 day shipping on my order information in my account.  It is very frustrating that each agent I spoke with gave me very different information. 

Re: 2 Day Shipping
Ann154
Expert
Expert

What time did you order the phone? If it was after the cutoff time (around end of the business day), then the order will not be processed until the next business day aka Monday in your case. The 2 day shipping is 2 business days not calendar days. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Doggo
Novice

Weekends cause delay, this isn't Amazon prime. Covid retrictions now are way more lax than they were last year. If you needed something that quickly, you could have gone to a Verizon store or any big box retailer like Best Buy.

0 Likes
Sigh2021

It was Friday morning and like I mentioned I understood the weekends do not count thing even though I was told two different things about that. My main problem is that during conversations with four different agents I was told four different things from "oh yes your phone is all packaged and ready to go" to "oh wow I can't find anything on the status of your order". Consistency would be nice.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for providing such detailed information. As a valued customer, your account concerns are our concerns too. After revieiwng the feedback you've provided here about your recent equipment order experience, I'd be disappointed too and we apologize for your inconvenience. Let's work together to get this resolved. 

Verizon takes protecting our customer’s personal and account information very seriously. Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

http://spr.ly/6604yWKMe

-Robert C.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am with you. Consistency is key, so I get where you are coming from. We have sent a Private Note in order to get things sorted out. Please respond to us there to continue. 

0 Likes
PrettyPrettyPegasus

Verizon used to have the best customer service. I don't know what happened but the agent and her supervisor who I spoke to about the same issue just argued with me and kept talking over and interrupting me. 

0 Likes
PrettyPrettyPegasus

Where does it say that? 2 days means 2 days unless it is actually written 2 business days. Especially when the shipping carrier, FedEx, delivers 7 days a week. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@PrettyPrettyPegasus wrote:

Where does it say that? 2 days means 2 days unless it is actually written 2 business days. Especially when the shipping carrier, FedEx, delivers 7 days a week. 

FedEx doesn't deliver seven days a week. If there is an option for Saturday or Sunday delivery it would be an extra cost that isn't included in the standard 2 day shipping rate. It has always been shipping based on the number of business days and not calendar days. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PrettyPrettyPegasus

Ann154 are you sure about that? FedEx says different. And its funny you think that because I just had a delivery by FedEx yesterday, Sunday March 6, 2022. Yet you seem so sure of yourself. And I did not have to pay extra for that free delivery. Even though you claim there would have been an extra cost. Hmm. Also Ann154 if Verizon means 2 calendar or business days then their website shouldn't say "Free 2-Day delivery" should it? How hard is it to add the word business? As in "Free 2 Business Day delivery". At the very least its unintentionally deceitful. But since there have been similar complaints here dating back 10 years it seems more like false advertising fraud.

"

• Fast delivery, even on Saturday and Sunday

• No additional fees for weekend delivery

• Saturday and Sunday are standard delivery days to most of the U.S. population"

Straight from this page on FedEx website: fedex.com/en-us/shipping/saturday-and-sunday-delivery.html

0 Likes