Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 factor authentication
cd51

2 Factor authentication:  Verizon I work in IT and this is the worst I have seen.  To begin with if I happen to be on my home desktop and you send a quick link to my phone that takes off and opens a version link on my phone asking me if I authorize the desktop login.  Now I have my account open on my desktop and my phone, what a pain.  Also the link appears so fast if I don't click on it right away it disappears and I have to get another link.  

Verizon used a similar technique when I was due to renew my employee discount.  I think I lost the discount because of the spinning link that opens a browser on my phone where I may not want to answer these questions.

Please just go to simple MFA with a number code or a vzw MFA app with a number selection to verify just get rid of the spinning, disappearing link.  It stinks!  Thank you

0 Likes
Re: 2 factor authentication
Jinseng

Interesting that your experience is like that.  Until last week, every time I went into the Website on the comptuer I was given two options, either approving a prompt through the app on my mobile phone, or getting a code via email.  I choose mobile app prompt.  This week I upgraded my phone and now I only have the option to have a 6 digit code emailed to me.  It works, but I preferred the approval tap in the mobile app.  Now I'm looking for a way to get that back.

I also wish there was an option to remember my computer for a while.  I wish I didn't have to MFA every single login on the same broser.

0 Likes