Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 verizon line, 1 on unlimited other on Small usage
raiki12345

I have 2 lines on my verizon account, currently they are both on Unlimited, but one of the i hardly use due to having a work phone. Can i have 1 unlimited line and the other the basic, 2gb $30 line? When i try to adjust plan its just showing me the unlimited plans

0 Likes
Re: 2 verizon line, 1 on unlimited other on Small usage
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

The cheapest postpaid is $55, plus taxes.  Cheapest prepaid is $35 plus taxes.   The cost for your line increases if it’s a one line plan.  Do the math.  

0 Likes
raiki12345

ok but how do i get the option of those plans? because ill i see that i can switch it to is the "just kids pla" $60 and then all the unlimited plans

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

@raiki12345 wrote:

ok but how do i get the option of those plans? because ill i see that i can switch it to is the "just kids pla" $60 and then all the unlimited plans

I have two lines on my account, a phone with an Unlimited plan and an ipad with a data only limited GB plan.  I changed these after my original 2-year contract expired.  Each line should be able to have its own plan on an account.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

That’s because all you see are other postpaid options.  You have to switch the one line to prepaid.  Contact Verizon and ask to swap the one line to the $35 prepaid plan.   They can usually do it without changing your SIM card.   
The accounts will not be connected or billed together, can’t be.  No proration leaving postpaid, so switch at the end of your bill cycle

0 Likes
raiki12345

Ok i think we figure it out, you cant have any of the new unlimited plans and have a "shared plan" on the same account is what the rep told me. It would require splitting them up and not really feeling like talkin to verizon for another entire day. might wait till next week

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We will be more than happy to look at the options available. Just to give you some information on our mix and match plans, you cannot have a tiered data plan (2GB) and an unlimited data plan on the mix and match. All lines have to be either on a tiered or unlimited data plan. Let’s take a look at what options are available. Please reply to the private note we sent so that we can continue.

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, we can look into this for you. To clarify, are you starting service or are do you have an existing account?

KerryC_VZW

0 Likes