Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
20 year customer. 4 months and 10+ hours wasted trying to get agreed upon trade in credit. PLEASE HELP.
smcnj10

We have been Verizon customers for 20+ years. 20.

In December I participated in a promotion to trade in one of our phones and receive a stated credit over a number of billing cycles. We have always enjoyed the service provided by Verizon but we have been treated shamefully after over 6 phone calls and more than 10 hours wasted on the phone via instant chat.

Each time I am told an adjustment will be processed (I have the tracking results and can confirm my phone was received). Each time I have been told that "I won't need to call again to get this resolved". The customer service I have received has been a series of excuses and there has been no resolution since early December. I would like my phone back, or if a credit cannot be processed for whatever inexplicable reason, some kind of credit that I can consider using on our account. Last time it was supposedly escalated to a "supervisor". Nothing has been resolved. I even asked what was different that time, and was told "well you have been waiting so long, so they have to resolve it". This is not a resolution, and still nothing has happened. Each month I keep paying the higher bill, because no one is resolving this.

I spoke to T-Mobile today to switch our lines that we have had with Verizon for 20 YEARS, and I have been advised by others who have faced this situation (Verizon has my phone, too),  to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau as well as Small Claims court, but I would prefer to resolve this amicably with Verizon as there now is a (almost) 5 month trail that exists for my account. It is not reasonable for a major company to expect a customer to waste over 10 hours trying to resolve a situation that was a standard promotion.

There are too many options for carriers now, and all I am asking is that Verizon resolves this per the outstanding customer service we were accustomed to receiving years ago. That service encouraged us to recommend Verizon to family and friends. I have been getting a runaround for months and it's not acceptable. My next step is to leave Verizon permanently, as this has been a NIGHTMARE.

0 Likes
Re: 20 year customer. 4 months and 10+ hours wasted trying to get agreed upon trade in credit. PLEASE HELP.
smcnj10

Called the 0204 number for a 7th time and confirmed that I was ready to go a different carrier after 20 years. Within less than 30 minutes a supervisor overrode the hold up and issued a credit for the months since November and going forward. Confirmations sent via email and text. After 20 years and 5 months (I had screen shots that were emailed directly to rep today),   this was absolutely unacceptable. But I wanted to let you know all know out of fairness that it was finally resolved. 

0 Likes
Re: 20 year customer. 4 months and 10+ hours wasted trying to get agreed upon trade in credit. PLEASE HELP.
Tigerstep

Chances are you weren't even talking to someone directly employed by Verizon during most of this. Even the supervisor that issued the credit was probably not employed by VZ. They closed so many centers to cut costs over the years and indirect agents don't get paid enough for the awful job.

End result you get poor performance because Verizon cares more to pay themselves instead of the help that takes care of customers.

0 Likes
Re: 20 year customer. 4 months and 10+ hours wasted trying to get agreed upon trade in credit.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am happy to hear you were able to get assistance, smcnj10. I am sorry it took so long to get someone to work with you. Thank you so much for letting us know your issue was resolved. Thank you also for giving us a chance to fix it.  We appreciate it. If anything comes up, you can meet us in a Private Note and we can work the same as customer support 24/7. 
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
Laudig

I am having the exact same problem.  Mailed my trade in device and now have a charge of $650 for that trade in and a credit of $650 (promotion I was offered was $650). They're saying the promotion has been applied, but adding and subtracting the same value means that nothing has been done except create a messy, complicated bill that's not clear to the consumer. Vz said they are waiting to receive my device but the account says it was received a month ago. ???? Hours wasted on the phone.  Never again. Never ever again.  

0 Likes