Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
$200 Gift Card Redemption Problem
GhostMama1031

Hi,

I signed up for Verizon home, in addition to already being a mobile member, in October 2021. Part of the promotion was a $200 gift card. I am planning to use it to pay bills. After I signed up I was told that the gift card could not be accessed for two billing cycles. Ok. I waited. On Dec 19, 2021 I received an email saying that I could redeem the gift card. I followed the link. It took me to my account where it showed me the $200 gift card and said to “click here” to redeem. I clicked there. Then it took me to another page where I could view the status of my card. It said to “click here” to view status. So…I clicked again. Then it said “processing.” The box said it could take 2 weeks to receive my e-gift card. After a month of it saying “processing” every time I check I decided to call customer service on 1/19/22. I was told by the customer service agent, “yep I see there was an issue.” She said she was going to “resubmit the gift card request” but that it could take another 30-90 days. For an e-gift card? I have really tried to be patient as I am aware that this is a common problem with these gift card promotions. But I do not understand why it would take another month to get an e-mail with the e-gift card that I was told I would receive. I am confused about why this is so incredibly difficult, and time consuming, to redeem. It makes no sense to me that an e-mailed e-gift card will take another month. According to my “still processing” page I can only redeem this gift card until March 2022. At this point I am concerned that I won’t even receive it in time to pay my bills, which is how I was hoping to use it. Can someone please give me some advice or direct me to perhaps a better, faster, way to resolve this. Thanks a bunch. 

Re: $200 Gift Card Redemption Problem
GhostMama1031

As of today I cannot even check the status of it anymore. All I get is a “please wait” circle that just keeps spinning. As I read through the community about all the issues with promotional gift cards I am starting to feel like Verizon makes this difficult on purpose so people just give up. I sincerely hope this is not the case.  Can someone from customer service please contact me and advise? As much as I like the verizon service, this feels really wrong. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

GhostMama1031, we want you to get the support you need. Are you still having this experience when you are tracking your rebate? *Bee

0 Likes
GhostMama1031

Hi there, no more spinning “please wait,” but it still says processing and that I should “receive my gift card in two weeks.” It HAS been another two weeks and no e-gift card. It feels like it shouldn’t be this hard to email a gift card. I don’t understand why it is taking so long. I should have gotten it over a month ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Oh, my! It's never our goal for you to have trouble with your rebate! We're here to help look further into this for you. I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply at your earliest convenience. -Kia

0 Likes