Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
$200 Gift Card for Switching
jamesl37

Same situation. I moved over to Verizon in October 2020 and purchased two new iPhone 12 Pros with two new lines. Was told by customer service I would get $250 per new line for the "FALLSWITCH250" promotion. No mention about having to submit anything for the rebate/e-gift card. Had numerous other problem with them setting up my phones on two separate accounts instead of two lines under one account, website and self-activation not working so having to call customer service repeatedly, and I missed the email that mentioned the rebate submission link which has now expired. Very unhappy with the "Verizon" experience. After all that, I am still not getting a trade-in credit on one of my phones after trading in a iPhone X. Verizon customer service says the trade-in was canceled, but they already sent me the email stating that my trade-in was verified and should be 22.92/mo for 24 months. So they essentially took my trade-in and gave me nothing for it. I have a ticket open to get the credit "un-canceled" and applied correctly, but have already spent hours on the phone just getting things set up correctly. Really poor experience!

0 Likes
Re: $200 Gift Card for Switching
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly don't want you to regret having switched your service to Verizon. After reviewing the feedback you've provided here, we certainly don't want to disappoint you. We've noted your reference that a case number (e.g., Ticket) has been initiated to investigate your concerns. As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too. Typically, when a ticket number has been assigned, we provide our customers with information to ensure that they're kept updated on the status of the investigation. Can you tell us when you were assigned the ticket number? We appreciate your time and patience too. However, it's our goal to address and resolve your concerns. Have you been provided with a timeframe about the status of the ticket filed? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
jamesl37
Hello Robert,

Verizon Ticket number for missing credit: 4660225.

This ticket was filed on 3/3/2021 and I was given an estimate of a few days for a response.

Thanks,
James
0 Likes
patcharm

Hi RobertC from Verizon, Thank you for reaching out to me.  My problem, as the Original Poster, was largely related to the BOGO offer made to me by the Verizon in-store sales staff, which in retrospect had in fact technically expired when the sales staff gave me their sales pitch for switching from ATT.  Thus, the BOGO ($600 value for the iPhone) was never honored .... as I was caught between the claims by the sales team, and the actual Verizon offer.  I have given up on resolving this, because I don't have a solid case. I have learned from this lesson.  Thanks for contacting me, pat.

0 Likes
chaiwat1980

Thanks to Verizon community, this popped up in my inbox and reminded me that I never ever gotten the credit gift. 

I posted a request back in 6/20/2020, I would like to follow up on this. Please advise, Thanks

Hi,

I have been waiting @$200 gift card for 2 two lines (total $400) since November last year, It sounds like many people already have the same issue as me. I also was scammed when I switched to Verizon., No one told me at the store. I purchased online, nothing said I have to put the code for gift card. The reason I switched to Verizon due to the gift cards. I was totally scammed. I called then in April, they said the card should come aumatically, not need to do anything. I have been waiting for other 2 two months, nothing show up on my mailbox. This is very disappointed. Verizon needs to do something. I tried to call them today, no rep. is available due to COVID shortage. I need my money $400. PLEASE.

Thanks,

"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for the update, patcharm. I can reassure you that this is never the experience we want for a new customer and I apologize for the challenges you've had to work with in regard to qualifying for the promotion. Please let us know if you would like to continue reviewing the promotion together. We'll be standing by.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for these details. This ticket should not take much longer. Should you have any questions on the status of it, or any questions should you be contacted regarding the ticket, we are here for you. Please feel free to check in with us if so. 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi, Chaiwat1980,

We're so sorry to hear that your rebate concerns were never responded to or resolved. The request in June from November would have already surpassed the 45 day window but let's take a closer look at what is going on. As this requires account access we will be sending you a Private Note to continue. 

Melissa_VZW

0 Likes
DanoNj

Hello - I have just come to realize that I did not get the gift card that was promised when I switched my internet & TV service from Comcast to Verizon last fall.

I have tried and tried to just basically follow-up - but I don't know who to contact and/or how to get a number for my inquiry.

Multiple calls to Verizon have not even gotten my foot in the door to begin my inquiry.

HELP! Anyone, please!

Dan

0 Likes
sunniesvenningsen

I'm disappointed to see how many people are experiencing this SAME issue. I started my service June 1st 2021 and the Rep I spoke to on the phone and on chat both assured me that I would receive it after 2-3 months of service. When I called back after 3 months, they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about. The rest of this dumpster fire of an experience has been a continued domino effect of issues. I'd have stayed with AT&T if I knew that it would be like this.

0 Likes