Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
$200 Rebate Scam
momof2boys2

I signed up online for two new lines and to switch two other lines and was informed that I was eligible to receive a $200 Visa MC per line since I was switching from a competitor. The customer service rep knew exactly what phones I was purchasing and AT NO TIME! during the several chat sessions that I had with customer service Verizon rep was I told that I had to purchase a $500+ phone to be eligible to receive the rebate.

They even gave me my code to enter on yourdigitalrebatecenter.com site. It took the code and I have been checking back periodically to see the status of the rebate.

Today I went and checked & it stated that I was not eligible since I did not purchase a $550 dollar phone. Are you kidding me?  That's $400 that I was told I would be receiving in rebates and now nothing.  I tried contacting the rebate center and they told me to contact customer service.      

I'm only kicking myself for not saving the chat logs to be able to prove the bait and switch.  What a scam!  I'm definitely reporting this to the Better Business Bureau.          

0 Likes
Re: $200 Rebate Scam
Tigerstep

Chat logs wouldn't change anything. A rep can type the sky is purple, doesn't make it any more true.

Verizon always keeps details for any promotions online. 

What CS might be able to do is fill out an escalation form since you were only $50 off. 

0 Likes