Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2021 Summer Switcher Program
RodgerK1

July 28, 2021, we took 3 T-Mobile Iphone XR's into the Verizon store to take advantage of Verizon's Summer Switcher program. We also had another T-Mobile Iphone 8 that was taken in on August 8th.  It was promised that we would receive a $300 credit card per phone that we would receive in 3 or 4 billing cycles as well as a monthly credit per phone of $29.16 per phone. The sales associate helped us take care of the rebate forms, while we were there. I remember specifically because July 28th is my wife's birthday and she wasn't happy that it took so long to get everything done but we needed to do so, because we were going out of town the next morning for an extended vacation. Really didn't think too much about not getting the credits or the Visa cards, since we were told that it would take several cycles.
January 21, 2022 - after still not getting any credits or Visa cards, I reached out to Verizon via chat (printed) and was told that the issues would be corrected.
February 4, 2022 - reached out via the Verizon system requesting a call back which never came.
February 11, 2022 - again requested a call back which I did receive this time. The agent claimed the issue was she could not locate any of the phones that we traded in. She suggested that we go to the local Verizon store where we traded them in to inquire.
February 12, 2022 - Went to local store and after a considerable wait was able to speak with the manager on duty. Initially, after checking, he said that the system showed that I never mailed in the phones. I let him know that was correct, because I didn’t mail in the phones, I turned 3 Iphone XR's into them in on July 28th, 2021 and an Iphone 8 on August 8, 2022 at the store. He was rude and argued with me that I must not have turned them in.  I was very stern, but polite informing him that i was 100% certain that we did turn them in. Finally he went into the back and checked for another half hour or so, and came back and said that he did indeed locate the phones in their inventory and somehow it was their error. He was speaking with someone at Verizon call center on the phone, but something happened to their system during the call and said I didn’t have to wait any longer, and that it would be taken care of. He said he would continue to work on getting the credit issues taken care of and also the 4 - $300 Visa cards that never came and would be in touch. Once I got back in the car, I received a call from the Verizon rep. that said she was getting everything fixed. She said that after updating the missing phone trade in credits, my account would have a sizable credit for the missing months and would be showing up on my account. She also promised to work on getting the $1200 Visa cards taken care of as well. She promised to get back in touch.
February 14th, 2022 -  Haven't heard back from anyone, but Verizon ran a full charge of $401 with no sign of any credits.
February 17, 2022 - Went to local Verizon store at 6:25 to speak with a manager again. Was told that I was in their queue and would receive a text when there was one person ahead of me. I waited in my car until I saw someone locking the doors @ 6:53. Went to stand outside and a gentleman who was the manager on duty said he had overheard some of my situation from the previous Saturday, but wouldn’t have time to take care of it now, because their store closed in 7 minutes. He suggested that I come back tomorrow morning because he was manage on duty again and would take care of me then. That is ridiculous to wait for 30 minutes with an ongoing problem, only to be told to come back at a later time.
February 19, 2022, Went back to local Verizon store, but wait was too long and couldn't wait.
February 29, 2022 - Bill arrived with the credits finally given, but still no word on the $1200 Visa cards.
Was hoping that the Visa cards would show up, but no cards and no communication from Verizon.
August 1, 2022 - went to Verizon store. Waited 50 minutes for a manager, someone finally came out and told me that one manager was on a conference call and the other manager had just left for lunch. Asked it I wanted to continue waiting or schedule an appt. Couldn't tell me how long that wait would be but, after waiting a full hour, I went ahead and made a 11:00 o'clock appt for August 4, 2023.
August 4, 2022- 11:00 appt. Talked with a very nice manager, who really seemed to try and to help. We looked thru my Verizon emails for anything from the rebate center requesting additional information and there were none. We concluded that this was because as I mentioned earlier, it had been taken care of on July 28th, 2021 with the associate at the store. He called the customer service center with no avail. We asked for their customer service manager and spoke with an Elizabeth (would not give her last name), She said that a manager had written that I told him that I couldn't remember if we had filled out the rebate forms or not and I let her know unequivocally that wasn't true because I knew they had been filled out. She said that the rebate center would not give in, she offered me $300 total, but would not honor the $1200 Visa cards that are owed. I'm not interested in taking $300, when it is supposed to be $1200. She agreed to write up a "ticket" (whatever that is) making the request for the full $1200, but could not promise anything. I asked if I would hear back from the ticket and she assured me that I would.  I asked to speak with her manager and was told that she was at the top of the customer service chain and that corporate Verizon was the remaining option. I spent another 2 hours again at the store, without any resolution.
September 9, 2022 - Still no communication from Verizon regarding the "ticket" or the Visa cards. This has taken an utterly ridiculous amount of my time to get something that should NOT have required any! It should not have taken 7 full months to finally get the monthly trade-in credits promised and we should have received the Visa cards months ago. Also the store manager shouldn't have insinuated that I was lying, when he argued that I didn't mail or return the I-phones.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what needs to happen to receive the full amount that was promised? This really does feel like a scram.
Roger & Kimberly H Pruitt

0 Likes
Re: 2021 Summer Switcher Program
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry to learn of the trouble you are having regarding the rebate. Did you receive a ticket number? Did the manager state you would receive a call back once resolved? 

-Tionna

0 Likes
RodgerK1

Elizabeth didn't give me a ticket number, but was told I could expect to hear back regarding resolution. Honestly, before I left the store, I asked the store manager if he had a way to determine if a ticket had been actually issued and he said there wasn't a way, but I would receive some kind of notifications. He said that when the visa cards were issued, I should receive 4 separate emails acknowledging them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

RodgerK1,

If you do not have a tracking number, you can use this link to track it by entering your information. You should have 1 submission for each number.

-Mark

0 Likes