Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
21 day cycle?
GAPEACHGIRL

So now Verizon Wireless is changing the billing cycle to 21 days instead of 30 days, therefore we are paying for a full month but really only getting 21 days of service per cycle. If you try to change your due date back to 30 days, they will charge you extra for those days so be prepared to continue to be penny pinched some more by Verizon Wireless. I'm done and looking into changing wireless networks. They are also slowing down your service but telling you that it's to help your phone cool down...ooooo please!!

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 21 day cycle?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Incorrect. The billing cycle isn't changing. The time you have between the billing cycle date and when the bill is due is what is changing. Instead of 25 days to pay the bill, you have 22 days which apparently lines up with what the other carriers do.

Pay Bill Date Change January | Verizon Wireless

I just got my first bill notification with this new due date and the total amount due didn't change from the bill previous. My billing cycle didn't change.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon is not changing the billing cycle to 21 days, it is still a billing cycle of one month. What they are changing is the amount of time from when the billing cycle starts until the bill is due.

For example, my bill DUE date changed this month. My BILLING CYCLE last month was from 12/16/2017 thru 1/15/2018 and the BILL DUE DATE was 1/10/2018. My BILLING CYCLE this month is from 1/16/2018 thru 2/15/2018 and the BILL DUE DATE is 2/7/2014. The BILLING CYCLE did not change. The BILL DUE DATE changed. You are still getting billed for one month AND you are still paying for one month.

With your logic that the billing cycle is changing to 21 days, that must mean you were previously on a 24 day billing cycle since they are only moving it up by 3 days. Is it your argument you were previously only being billed for 24 days at a time? If it is your argument that you now have  a 21 day billing cycle, then that means you previously had a 24 day billing cycle since the BILL DUE DATE is only moving up by 3 days. In this case, you should have been mad that you were being charged for a month and only getting 24 days if you are NOW arguing you are paying for a month and only getting 21 days.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is one tiny typo in your post. Your new bill due date is 02/07/2018 not 2014.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Community Leader
Community Leader

You mean to tell me I'm 4 years overdue????????

No wonder my service was cut off!!!!!

Thanks for the correction.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Lol that's how I read it at first. Smiley Happy  I figured it would best to correct the typo before someone else read it wrong.

0 Likes
lukevinyl

LOL, Someone would probably threaten a class action suit for that typo too.... SMH LOL....

Toyota4x4van

What's really scary is how many people, as evidenced by the number of posts on this subject, can be so ignorant that they misunderstand what is going on.  Verizon is NOT changing anyone's billing cycle!  The bill due date has nothing to do with your billing cycle.  Customers will NOT be charged any more (or any less), nor will they receive any more or any less service.  They will still pay for 1 full month of service, 12 times per year.  The only change is that your bill "Due Date" will now be 21 days after the end of your (unchanged) billing period instead of 25 days after the end of your billing period.  This is not rocket science, people.  If it really is too complex to understand, then I fear for the future of this country.

jakecar91

Good job on putting people down there bud. 

0 Likes
KH-Michael

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes