Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
$300 Switcher Rebate scam
KimYoo

One of the main reasons I switched from t-mobile were Verizon offers a $300 Switcher Rebate. I switched two lines, so I was expected to receive $600. The fine prints say I was supposed to redeem my rebate via My Notifications in My Verizon and must submit it by 07-05-2021. However, I never received any redeemable code or any kind of message about rebates. I even checked my email history, spam folder, and my Verizon notifications, but there is no history of receiving any messages from Verizon. Now, the code is expired, and Verizon is blaming me for not follow up with them. I am sure many people are either had or having the same issues getting rebates from Verizon. Verizon never sent any code and not provided us with any clear instructions on how to redeem rebates. They expect customers to forget about it so that they can get away with misleading and deceptive conduct.

0 Likes
Re: $300 Switcher Rebate scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@KimYoo

Promotions and rebates are always great to have, but they do have requirements that must be met as well. While rebate codes are provided through a variety of places, they also would be sent to the Notifications section of your My Verizon mobile app, and can only be redeemed here: https://www.yourdigitalrebatecenter.com/#!/ . When we do have rebates such as those, they will always include the redemption code in the same place. Depending on the data plan you had selected for each line, either JUNESWITCHER300 or JUNESWITCHER150 would have been provided, but with the 30 days after activation already passed, and almost an additional 30 days beyond that point this rebate would no longer be available to claim. 

0 Likes
KimYoo

Read my post!. I never received rebate codes through any notification or any other places, including my email. If a rebate code was sent to me, provide me with proof of the exact time, dates, and where the rebate was sent to. I have confidence that you can't show me the trace of the rebate's whereabouts because it was never sent from the beginning.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

KimYoo, I want to make sure that you are able to get the rebates you qualified for. So we can help look into this with you, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
KimYoo

How and where to send a private note?

0 Likes
KimYoo

How the heck am I supposed to submit within the eligible dates. I didn't get the code JUNESWITCHER300 till a few days ago!. No one from Verizon mentions or send this code until I called it and complained about it. Check your dang communication HISTORY!!!. I definitely feel like Verizon purposely didn't send codes to hope most customers forget about it. You guys are con artists and liars!!! I made the biggest mistake of my life, switching from T-Mobile to a dishonest company such as Verizon wireless. Despite numerous complaints, Verizon is showing me a bark all you want attitude.

0 Likes
rmgcbenny

I can verify that the Verizon website and notification system are crazy buggy, at best.  I just finished porting over 4 lines with the JULYSWITCHER300 promotion and a device trade-in promotion.  I've received so many emails/notifications that Verizon reps have told me I can ignore and several verifications that my promotions/rebates have been applied...but I'm still waiting for anything in my account summary to confirm that I'm good to go.

Of course, I'm supposed to wait 2 billing cycles for everything to appear...but if it doesn't then I'm past the eligibility time window.

Not a fun system to navigate.  I'm at about 6 hours of chat/phone time with Verizon reps for this process.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We never want any confusion and want to make sure everything was process correctly.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.-Sean

0 Likes
EmerithV

Hello

I switched to Verizon on July 2021.

I was constantly checking the rebate status on the Verizon app to see when. Until finally it said the rebate was processed on August 23,2021. It also said the rebate will be emailed to be in 48 hrs. I checked my email that day and night and nothing. I checked my spam and there was an email from North Lane that said it was my Verizon gift card. I thought it was a scam, so to make sure I contacted Verizon chat who was useless because according to them they had not sent me anything. And honestly the stupid app still says the have not sent me anything. 
and guess what? I tried to pay a capital one credit card with the spam email Verizon gift card and it kept declining so I decided to risk it and empty out a savings account to test the option it had for bank transfer: to transfer the $300 to my bank account! I said savings is empty so if it's fraud I will close account! I did this transfer yesterday and this morning the $300!!! Where in my JP Morgan Chase account! I'm happy and wanted to share this experience so that others ARE AWARE that Verizon does give the rebate but I think they send it to spam automatically so that the client misses out and they don't pay them out! I'm sorry you didn't get it.

please go to your email and try typing North Lane. That's where my rebate came from. It also says: you're Verizon virtual gift card has arrived! 

i hope this helps somehow. Maybe it's not expired and Verizon just doesn't want to pay out! 

wchristopher4533

JUNESWITCHER150 I redeem in my Verizon app the only requirement I had to was port in my number so I'm hoping on the 16th like the tracking says it's all good

0 Likes