Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3G CDMA netwok retirement
thurston6

I received an email about 3G CDMA network retirement. My device states it is extended network 4G LTE. Do I have to upgrade and what will it cost?

0 Likes
Re: 3G CDMA netwok retirement
tetvet

I also wonder about the email, I received one 25 Jan 2022. I understand that technology is moving forward, but to be REQUIRED to Upgrade my phone(s) is something all together different. I have a Google Pixel 3 (Oct 2018 release date) and a Google Pixel 4 (Oct 2019 release date) and a home 'base' phone. The email I received states "Multiple mobile numbers on your account will be impacted; . . ..... . ." I only have the two (2) mobile phones, the oldest phone is 'only' 3+ years old. It would appear by the Google specs and the Verizon site that the Google Pixel 3 (the 'oldest' device) is 4G and has HD Voice. So, my question: How is it possible that there are 'Multiple mobile numbers' on my account that will be 'impacted?' There are only (3) numbers on my account and (2) of those numbers are a 3+ year and a 2+ year old phone? I think it is only relevant for folks who have old phones or have phones with limited features. I think the email is a 'blast' email with no actual reference to my specific account or phones. Akin to a scare tactic.

0 Likes
Re: 3G CDMA netwok retirement
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Tetvet, we have indeed sent mass communications and do apologize for any scare. This is specific to devices that do not have HD Voice. You mentioned having Home Base, do you happen to know if this is specifically the 5G Home Base or the earlier Home Phone Connect? -LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes