Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
50% Canada usage across plan or line?
SSanderss

Hello,

I am currently on the 22gb unlimited plan, there are 5 phones on my account, 4 of them do not travel but 1 phone is in Canada 90% of the year.

I noticed that the plan says if 50% of your data, talk and text is used in Canada for 60 days, it will be limited or revoked.

I’m just wondering if that’s across the entire plan, where the other 4 phones will offset the one, or if it’s per line and we will have to figure out something else. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: 50% Canada usage across plan or line?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Having all the details of my plan and its limitation is vital to me, SSanderss. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me how long has the one line been used in Canada? Also, confirm for me how often does this line travel back to the states?

0 Likes
SSanderss

The line has not been used in Canada yet, I’m just trying to make sure before it leaves. The line will be used in Canada for upwards of 4 months at a time and only travel back for a week every 4 months or so. The rest of the lines are being used solely in America and they use 90% of the data, talk and text in our plan. The line being used in Canada would only be used very lightly.

Since originally posting this I have talked to customer service at Verizon and was told that the 50% usage clause is across the entire account as we have a shared data plan. Is this correct?

0 Likes
Tigerstep

Your plan works on a per line basis. For Canada, you can only use half a gig at LTE speed before the speed drops down. This resets daily.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SSanderss, that is correct. Since the plan is shared this would required the usage to be across the entire account. Does this provide clarity?

0 Likes