Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
55+ Unlimited Plan
CHANOON7

1. Can a hot spot be used with the 55+ unlimited plan?

2. If a tablet is added ($20 per month, I believe) is it month by month, meaning can I turn it off and on for one month at a time?

Thank you

0 Likes
Re: 55+ Unlimited Plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, CHANOON7. We'll be happy to answer any questions you have about your plan. The 55+ Unlimited plan allows Mobile Hotspot usage at speeds of up to 600 Kbps. We are currently providing an additional feature of 15 GB of high-speed data for Mobile Hotspot usage at no cost until 05/31/20 to keep our customers connected during this challenging time.

With this plan, anytime a new line is added there is an activation fee charged. While you are able to add and remove the line without any problems, the activation fee would be charged. We want to find the best option for you. If we may ask, how do you plan on using the tablet that you would not be needing it some months?   DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
CHANOON7

Used in the past on an iPad on a monthly basis during power losses, and/or pending strong storms and travel.. AT&T  allowed this with no activation fee whenever I wanted to sign on for a month. I now have Verizon and a new iPad on the way and wanted to know if I had the same flexibility. Sadly the answer is, no. - Harvey

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Chanoon,

We want to make sure you have all the right details. There are also options to suspend a line rather than cancel it https://www.verizon.com/support/suspend-service-faqs/. Please let us know if this helps. 

0 Likes
Tigerstep

1) Hotspot is pretty useless at 3G speed.

2) If you like blowing $20 - $40 frequently for activations frequently. Personally wouldn't.

0 Likes