Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
5g service for years just dropped to 4g
Tabs1951

Hi, I have lived in the same town, worked at the same job and lived in the same house for 15 years. Since 5g has rolled out, I have had EXCELLENT service. About 2 weeks ago I started seeing 4gLTE pop up and go back and forth between 5g. The last 5 days it has stayed on 4gLTE at my job and I cannot get quick speed until I go home and connect to my WIFI. When at work, it constantly tries to pick up service but times out and states that something went wrong. I haven't even tried looking at my phone while at work and my battery went from 90 to 35% in 4 hours. I have had my phone for about 3 months and never had this issue either....I wonder if my battery is getting drained trying to look for service.

0 Likes
Re: 5g service for years just dropped to 4g
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ensuring that you get the best service possible and assistance is a must! Let's go ahead and work together! 

~Jesus

0 Likes