Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
$800 trade in not honored
kstew904

I have spent over a month trying to get my $800 trade in credit from verizon. I had two lines with the same exact phones, upgraded both lines to the same exact phone. offered $800 trade-in credit for both phones. One phone gets the $800 the other gets $100 stating they received a different device than was expected. It was the exact model number and IMEI number and in full working condition with no damage. I have been promised by multiple reps including supervisors that I would receive the correction from $100 to $800 and after more than a month I still have not received. Currently on the phone with a rep who states he is trying to help. But I've been told that multiple times before. I feel like these online trade in credits are a a trick!!! Verizon offers more to trade in online than in the store but then makes you work a full time job calling to get the offer you were promised.

Re: $800 trade in not honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Yikes, this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when you trade in your device and want to make sure that you get your credit. We have sent you a private note to properly assist you. 

~Pam

0 Likes
Longshot57

I am having the exact same problem. I was offered $800 for each of four phones when we updated our phones to the iPhone 13, but they said the phones (which were in perfect shape) were worth $40. The only reason I went with Verizon was this was a good offer. I have now conversed with three reps, all who have assured me this would be rectified, but nothing has been done. I’m not sure what my next step needs to be, but this should not be happening to so many people.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Longshot57 we always want all of our customers to have a great experience. Can you tell me which promotion you were trying to get? Most require a new line of service but I'm happy to check if your promotion did not.

-Dolores

0 Likes
Longshot57

The SKU on my trade-in paperwork says TRADENRL, and lists the trade-in value as $800. This was for an offer where you traded in your phones for $800 when you purchased an iPhone 13 Pro. We also had to upgrade to a 5G service for this promotion.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Longshot57, we greatly appreciate this helpful information! Rest assured that we will do everything we can to help get this figured out and resolved as quickly as possible. Can you please confirm when the original order was completed as well as when the devices were confirmed as scanned and returned to our warehouse for appraisal? 

-Kevin

0 Likes
Longshot57

We ordered the new I phones on December 5. The boxes to return the old phones came about a week later. About three weeks after we had ordered the phones, we still had not received them. When I called, the rep said they were on back order. The estimated arrival date changed to December 29 on our Verizon site. We still had not received them by the end of January, so I called again. After a long wait, the rep told me the order had been canceled December 9. I was astonished. I asked why my Verizon account had been updated with the expected delivery date of December 29, but he didn’t know. He connected me to a Verizon salesperson.

The salesperson said not to worry, he redid the order and told me to send the phones back in the boxes I had received in December to make sure I would get the $800 for each phone. We did exactly as he said, took a copy of everything, and sent the phones in about a week after we had received the new phones.

They showed up as received on line, but the highest value we were given was $36! I was furious, and called immediately to have this rectified. After a long online chat, the rep said I should be receiving the credit, $33 per month per phone, for 24 months. He said it would take 1-2 months to take effect. There was nothing done the first month, so I chatted online wit another rep who, after a long wait, told me the same thing as the first rep, and I should wait another month for it to kick in. I called again after another month, and was assured it would be escalated, and I would receive an email about the escalation. So far, no escalation, no email, and no change to my bill.

0 Likes
Longshot57

This has not been resolved. How do I escalate this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Longshot57, we always want for you to receive the promotion you deserve. Allow us to apologize if this did not occur. I have gone ahead and sent you a Private Note so we may look further into this for you. 

-Christine

0 Likes