Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A complaint
cswaim1961

Hello

I called customer service but was assured there was no one else for me to complain to and since the nice man on the phone was not the cause of my issue; I chose to drop the conversation and thank him and hang up. 

However, I am still unhappy and I could find no formal way to voice a complaint to any higher power. 

My issue is one of trust, which I totally get. You only have my word for how a set of circumstances happened. But, I find it sad that you cannot take the word of someone, especially a long-time customer.

My phone stopped working. It began flashing a white light over and over and I could not get it to turn off. Because I had not had the phone a long time the insurance said it was under warranty. I had to talk to a couple of people at Verizon Customer Support to get them to understand why i was not filing this as an insurance claim, but it finally worked out. I was taking the phone out of its Otter Box while I was on the phone with customer support to see if I could get it to reboot if I pressed in on the key without the Otter Box. I dropped the phone and it did cause a small ding in the glass. But, this was AFTER I was already on the phone with customer support and after the phone had already stopped working. 

I was not told that this would cause my phone to be listed as "damaged." AT that point, according to the person I spoke to today I should have turned it in under insurance instead of warranty. But, that was not the advice I was given at the time of my original phone call with customer service.

I got a new phone in the mail, returned my old phone, got a confirmation that the old phone had been received and then heard nothing back until I got a $299 damaged device charge on my bill. 

I am very disappointed. 

Sincerely

Connie

0 Likes
Re: A complaint
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We value your feedback, and we will be glad to clarify all your concerns regarding the Damage Device Fee on your account. We've contacted you via Private Note to continue assisting you.

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes