Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Re: Absurd increase in data reporting from Verizon on our data usage.
tikibar1
Sr. Leader

Uninstall Apps - LG G Vista | Verizon Wireless

Preinstalled apps can't be uninstalled, but if you aren't using them they can be disabled:

Enable / Disable App - LG G Vista | Verizon Wireless

Data usage options:

Manage Data Usage - LG G Vista | Verizon Wireless

PenelopePitstop

My husband and I both have iPhone 6S phones on the most up to date iOS. Since July we have been BLOWING thru data, without any changes in our typical usage. We do not stream video, we use WiFi at home and at work. Interestingly, we paid the last installment on my husband's iPhone in the July 2018 bill. That's the same month our data usage started blowing up. Pretty weird Verizon. I am seeing this has been an issue across multiple threads here on this community. I think it's time to consider a class action of some sort. This is unacceptable.

IamKnuckles

I just chewed through 4GB of data in 37 minutes. We downloaded a small file onto a laptop and the next thing we knew I was getting emails about being 1/2 done with data, only having 25% left, 10% and then charged for an extra 1GB.

How is it possible to go through that much data in 37 minutes?

IamKnuckles

We are using a MiFi.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

IamKnuckles wrote:

How is it possible to go through that much data in 37 minutes?

By the computer downloading an OS update in the background. I'm sure there are other ways to do so, too.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

IamKnuckles, that is an astounding rate of data use, and I am glad to see that you are monitoring your data usage. I want to ensure that you are able to accurately oversee your data usage. How big was the file size of the small file that you downloaded? In addition, as rcschnoor pointed out, since you connected your laptop to a MiFi, are you certain that no other files or updates were downloaded? Many laptops are automatically set to download updates in the background without your permissions. Looking forward to hearing back.

Lorenzo_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, PenelopePitstop. We can assure you we do not increase your bill because your phone has been paid off. Something like software or app updates can cause your data to be used quicker. It can even be caused by apps or software that needs to be updated. You can go into your Settings > Cellular and scroll to the list of all device applications, and select the ones you want to have access to cellular data. You can also turn off your Wi-Fi assist. These actions, plus ensuring your software and apps are up to date, will prevent excess data from being used. 

0 Likes
Deucer01

My problem started on my Aug-Sep billing cycle.  My data usage spiked from an monthly average of 7 gb to 15gb!  I did not do anything out of the ordinary.  Called tech support but they had me check my apps etc but nothing seemed to help.  My Oct data usage is already over 50% a week into the billing cycle. Called tech support again and told the same thing, but I know I'm not doing anything different.  I've been a Verizon customer for over 14 years, maybe it's time to switch carriers.

glitchedpixel

Tired of reading empty threats of switching carriers because of people's personal usage. That isn't going to change on another carrier, come on now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are disheartened to hear that you are thinking about leaving the Verizon Wireless family. We want to make sure your data usage problems are taken care of. Do you have more than one line on your account? If so, is the usage coming from all lines or just one? Did you do any update or changes on your device?

Christian_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes