Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Account Information Correction
DiddlyDee123

I’ve been trying since March 2021 to correct the names showing on my account associated with each respective line number. Literally for over 3 months. When I AM able to get someone in customer service to correct something, without fail they create another error at the same time. At this time my name is not even on my account. I’m the account owner. They show the account owner’s name to be someone who doesn’t exist. Well, they don’t exist in my home anyway. I wonder, does anyone else in the community get toyed with by Verizon customer service like this? I’ve seen numerous fictional names created for my account. Is that standard for Verizon?

FDA9A9F8-9E12-482A-BD08-EAD2D9F090A9.jpeg

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Account Information Correction
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know having the right names for each line and each user can be pretty essential. Your first screenshot appears to be in the My Verizon app, and you can change things yourself really easily by going to the Account tab at the bottom of the screen. From the there, go down to the lines and tap "Manage Device" and this will take you to the Line Details page. Tap the option to the edit the line nickname in the top-right corner of the page for that line. The updated names will show up with the lines on the future bills.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
DiddlyDee123

I’m sorry, ZakC, but changing the device nicknames does not affect the names that show on page 1 of the bill. For example, if I changed one of my device nicknames to “Turdburglar” then “Turdburglar” would not display as the name for that line on the bill. Additionally, all of the device nicknames currently have the correct names assigned to each line. None of the device nicknames currently on my account have the nickname “Bryan Brereton” and yet “Bryan Brereton” is what shows on the “next bill.”

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We'll get to the bottom of this. Let's take a look at your account, so we can see how they're showing up there. In order to get it authenticated, we're sending you a Private Note.

0 Likes
DiddlyDee123

It appears the issue has been corrected. When I navigate to Account/Account Settings Overview/Contact & Billing/Service Addresses, it appears the correct names have been assigned to each line. However, I’d like to note that when I navigate to Bill/Next Bill Estimate, it does not show the corrected names next to each line number. My new bill will post in the next couple of days. Only then will I be able to be 100% certain this is fully resolved.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That's great news, DiddlyDee123.

If you notice that the concern with the names still appears after you bill, please reach out.

0 Likes
DiddlyDee123

It appears it was NOT corrected on page 1 of my bill. When I take a look at next month’s bill it does not show corrected there either. There was a case opened to correct this on 6/20/21 at 1:00pm. The case number is INC005836983. Would you mind checking that and letting me know the status?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We can definitely check on that for you. To continue, we would need to access your account, so I am also sending you a Private Note. Thanks!

0 Likes
Luv2SkiCO

Was this ever resolved? I'm guessing the answer is an ambivalent NO. I've had the same issue as well for years and reported it multiple times. Nothing was ever done about it. Let's be clear, changing the device nickname has absolutely no effect on the name that appears on the bill for that device's line of service. Please tell your Customer Service associates (and their trainers) to stop telling people that falsehood although it would indeed be intuitive if it worked that way.

It seems that the name on the bill is settable ONLY when the line of service is added to the account. From a customer's perspective, it becomes immutable from that moment forward. Tier 1 customer service can't change it (I've tried) and I'm wondering if anyone at VZ can.

This has been broken for years and no one at Verizon seems willing to authorize the work to fix it. They also seem to be unwilling to disclose this apparent fact and unwilling to modify the software the customer interacts with when adding a line of service to caution them that they only get one shot at assigning a name to their new line of service after which it becomes permanently immutable.

The account owner and account managers deal with bills and reconcile them at the line level. You do realize that you're forcing them to work with cellular phone numbers instead of a useful nickname of their choosing.  My takeaway is that Verizon clearly doesn't listen to its customers. They really need to drag their customer facing billing systems into the 21st century!